What's new

Weekly RoundUp 1-6-2009 (1 Viewer)

Ed Faver

Second Unit
Dave-

No Battlestar on BD yet. Universal released Season 1 on HD DVD. That's all we've seen on hi-def to date.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Pretty sharp, fellas! The kitty is the late, great Fluffy Pumpkin (former "Official kitty of the HTF"). That's him in Dennis' post above not doing his dingo impression...

The two dogs are both former dogs of mine...a yellow lab and dalmatian. I miss those guys. And I've added three titles on the shelves...blu-ray copies of Shawshank & Band of Brothers (both of which are on their way to me from amazon) and the top-most smidge of the red/yellow Toy Story 2 box (behind Shawshank). Shawshank covered up that goofy pic of Weird Al on UHF!
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif
That's it for now. Maybe I'll add some other favorite titles down the road. I added those 'cause I thought Blu-ray needed some representin'! :D

Now if only we could get the Toy Story titles in high-def we'd really have something!

Thanks to everyone for the kind words! :emoji_thumbsup:

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
I'll be one of the group of people at Best Buy in the early A.M. hoping to grab the limited Best Buy Galactica.

Although really the book is the only true exclusive. The dogtags are (and have been) available for sale from QMx:quantummechanix.com,

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Oh. And troy: I'm amazed you even remembered those pix from the "trolling" thread. But I guess once you've looked deep into the eyes of the Fluff Pump...you are destined to never forget them....

I, on the other hand, had forgotten all about those pictures (and thread). :D

Chris Mott

Auditioning
Mike,

Congrats on 5 years and a big Thank You for all of your hard work. I've always considered The Weekly Roundup a valuable resource.

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
Mike, congratulations on the anniversary and a big "Thank You" for what you do. I may not post in this thread often, but I do read it every week.

We would be remiss if a big "Thank You" also went out to Patrick who has been contributing to this thread even longer.

It can be easy to take this weekly thread for granted, but I hope you both know how much the membership appreciates your hard work.

As for starting the new year....Mannix S2 is a must have for me.

JustinCleveland

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Justin Cleveland
Five years? Really? Wow. I still think of you as "the guy who took over for Dave." I guess I should get with the times.

Pat, Mike, you guys rule.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Yup. :laugh: Old-timers only need apply!

It's a lot like like how Rod Roddy replaced Johnny Olsen as the staff announcer on The Price is Right. Even though Rod was on the job for decades, I still thought of him as the "guy who replaced Johnny." :D

And now Roddy's gone and there's a third guy in there (Rich Fields). Honestly, how's someone supposed to keep track?!? :confused:

Yup. it's JUST like that.

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S

:laugh: That was my first thought too but I sure wasn't going to say it.

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S

It's one of the funniest and most randomly crazy shows currently running on Cartoon Network during the [Adult Swim] block. I wouldn't recommend a blind buy since it's definitely not everyone's type of humor but I find it hilarious. If you like Aqua Teen Hunger Force then you'd probably like Frisky Dingo.

Bleddyn Williams

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bleddyn Williams

Indeed. I was guilty of this earlier in the thread. Patrick, let me extend the same thanks and congratulations to you as to Mike! You are a great team!

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Thanks for all the great tips, Mike (and Patrick)!

Now that you've dropped a Price is Right reference, I can officially stop thinking of you as The Guy Who Took Over For Dave. ;)

For what it's worth, I can't stand most of what's on Adult Swim (aside from Robot Chicken and The Boondocks -- ATHF is just OK and the rest is crap IMO), but I randomly tuned into Frisky Dingo one night and thought it was pretty funny.

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Congrats on the anniversary, Mike! And big :emoji_thumbsup: to both you and Patrick for all the hard work put into this thing week after week. And I don't know why anyone would call you The Guy Who Took Over for Dave. Dave #2 is so much shorter.

I searched high and low for a bottle of Market Pantry water (that's the name, right?). :D Don't see one, though.

As for this week's releases, the Duckman series set is on its way to me. And I'll eventually pick up a few Blu-rays: Bangkok Dangerous, Friday Night Lights, Pineapple Express and Dexter S1.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Holy mother! Where have the 5 years gone? I too still think of you (in the best possible way) as "the guy who took over for Dave"! :D

Thanks for everything, you have saved me a ton of money in the five years you've been doing this wonderful voluntary service!

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Count me in for one copy of Babylon AD on Blu. Looking very forward to it.

troy evans

Screenwriter
!!!!Fluffy Pumpkin is legendary!!!! Yeah, that old thread was fun. Lookin forward to the next five years Mike and Patrick. Thank You very much for all the work you guys do for us.

Jeff Reis

Stunt Coordinator
Pathetic prices on new release Blu's as usual. If they want it to take off they need to get new releases under 20 bucks. That said, I'll be picking up Pineapple Express, but only because I have a $5 reward zone cert.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks