What's new

Weekly RoundUp 1-31-2006 (1 Viewer)

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
I'll be posting a full review of Legend of Zorro sometime in the next couple of days, so if you're on the fence, you can wait for that. Not commenting until then, though! ;)

danDo

Agent
Thanks for the information. I just picked up X-files 1, 2, 3. The gusy at BB had to jump through some hoops to make it happen, but it was in the add so they went with it. They said they were going to have to call to see why the ad does not reflect what came across the register.

Mike.P

Second Unit
Dune this week for me, Contemplating Corpse Bride but think I'll hold off on that.

Sure hope Dune is a good blind buy, but I tend to appreciate films of its nature.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

And if you've got a "significant other", just keep repeating that "think of all the money I'm saving" thing over and over. Maybe it'll work. It doesn't work for me...but we gotta keep tryin'! :laugh:

BTW, Dave, you are very welcome. Glad to be of service. Its fun for me to see that people are really getting use out of the RoundUp and are actually able to use it to their advantage to save a few bucks. Aaron asked a week or so ago why people feel a need to list their "to buy" lists. I guess maybe that's one reason...to categorize each week's savings. Thanks again for your nice comments.

ChrisBEA

Screenwriter
The X-files was probably not in the system yet, since the ad is based off the new thin packs which aren't released until tomorrow.

Just a guess...

ChrisBEA

Screenwriter
The difference is just the packaging and the newly reduced MSRP.

I only question the sale start because it was advertised with the new thin packs, which are not officially released until tomorrow.

Not trying to be argumentative or anything....

I'm planning on taking advantage of it. I thought about it today, but they only had 1 set of season 1 and nothing else. I guess they will be stocking the new sets for tomorrow morning.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I just picked up Batman. I've been on the fence about the box set or individual releases since October, so I just grabbed it for $16.99. I wonder why Batman Returns wasn't on sale for the same price; both Burton pictures, both Warner Brothers...

Dah-Dee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
For those interested in TV sets, such as Seinfeld Season 6 mentioned earlier in this thread as being on sale at Best Buy for $24.99, might be worth your time to check out the ongoing "Buy One, Get One Free" sale (discussed in Patrick's thread HERE ) on a good-sized group of TV sets at Best Buy, both in-store and online (here's the sale page with all the titles involved listed: B1G1F on selected TV sets at Best Buy ).

The kicker is, their current sale prices (such as $24.99 for Seinfeld Season 6 ... and now also including Season 5 at the same price) "stack" on the B1G1F sale -- so, for example, you can (and I just did) buy Seinfeld Season 5 and Seinfeld Season 6 for a *total* of $24.99. I ordered online for in-store pickup (so no shipping cost) and got the "ready to be picked up" e-mail within a few minutes.

Happy shopping! :)

raulC

Grip
Is there anyway anyone can explain the price adjustment thing to me. Would it be valid if I just bought Seinfeld Seasons 5 and 6 about a week ago and now they're on sale? If anyone could explain that to me (or if it would even apply to this situation) I would be greatly appreciative.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
i dont see why they wouldnt adjust it.
if not just rebuy and return the unopened with the first receipt.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member

Here is Best Buy's price matching policy, for competitors ads and then their own...

If you are about to make a purchase and discover a lower price than ours, let us know and we'll match that price on the spot. Already bought it? We'll refund you the price difference, plus an additional 10% of the difference — up to 30 days after your purchase (14 days for desktop computers, notebooks, projectors, monitors, printers, camcorders, digital cameras and radar detectors).

If you find a lower price on BestBuy.com or at another Best Buy store either at the time of your purchase or within 30 days of your purchase (14 days for desktop computers, notebooks, projectors, monitors, printers, camcorders, digital cameras and radar detectors), we will refund you 100% of the difference. The extra 10% of the difference does not apply. (Web exclusive offers advertised on BestBuy.com are not eligible for price matches.)

Hope that helps!

raulC

Grip
Thanks for the info guys. I went into my Best Buy and they told me the only way they could price match is if I returned the DVDs and rebought them at the sale price. It's a difference of almost $14, but for some reason the hassle sounds just too much to go through. I'm still debating on whether I want to do this or not.

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
Thanks Mike and Patrick.

The only titles that interest me are the Warner classics (keep releasing 'em I'll keep buying 'em). Costco has them all for 11.99 each.

Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks