What's new

Weekly RoundUp 1-30-2007 (1 Viewer)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Either that or they are all independently wealthy (think "pampered son of rich guy" :D ) and they don't really need the job. That way if they don't put out the effort and wind up getting fired...they just don't care. In the meantime, they get a "cool" discount! :D

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
They get a cool discount off of hardware, but I recently asked my sister's friend (who works at a BB) to get quotes for BD prices...they were within $1 of Amazon's current price. So ordering online, saving on shipping and tax, is cheaper for me than to have my sis's friend buy them from BB w/ his employee discount and then pay him back. Plus I get way better selection, just no instant gratification.

BTW - Norah Jones Deluxe CD (new one + bonus disc/DVD) is on sale for $9.99 on the website, but is advertised in the circular and charged in my local store at $14.99. I'm half-tempted to order it and pick it up at BB, then return it on my old receipt.

How badly do I want $5 ;)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
If you order it and do an in-store pick-up...won't they just charge you the $9.99? Why would you have to return it???

Come to think of it...couldn't you do in-store pick-ups on the Beerfest HD-DVD and BDs?

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Should have been more clear: I already bought the CD at $14.99, so I'd have to return it on the old receipt to get that amount back. So that's why I said "how badly do I want $5" - is it worth the hassle to me, personally? I'm leaning towards no right now because I'm busy w/ work and don't have time, and Saturday I'm out of town, and that's when the sale will end.

And yes, I could do store pickup for the BDs. But I got so PO'd at their in-store pricing and the fact that their in-store computers did not match their website pricing (the guy did do a scan of the UPC at the register for me) that I turned around and got both BDs at Amazon for $39.90 shipped. Even if I picked up the BDs in store w/ the price, I'm looking at $49.90 + tax, and I'm not sure my local store has The Searchers in stock (wasn't there last time I went in).

So F' em, as far as I'm concerned. Amazon gets my money.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

$5 is $5.

How's that for wisdom?! :D

I can relate. My wife and I discuss those types of decisions all the time. "Is it really worth returning item x to store y and then travel to store z to get item x at a cheaper price?" We cut corners on many things in an attempt to make our dollars stretch farther...

After you start to try and calculate mileage and gas costs and the value of your time...those decisions (for us) usually end up being determine by criteria like "Well, did we want to go to store z for something else anyway?" :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks