TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
thats odd.
when you search for angels at amazon you get this
"Angels in the Outfield (Amazon Exclusive) by Paul Douglas, Janet Leigh, Keenan Wynn, and Donna Corcoran (DVD - Jan 30, 2007)"

but when you click to go to that page this.

"Availability: THIS TITLE IS CURRENTLY NOT AVAILABLE. If you would like to purchase this title, we recommend that you occasionally check this page to see if it has become available. "

ScottR

Senior HTF Member
Well, after a week, and the bad experience at BB, I finally picked up the 2-disc GoodFellas at Target for $10.00. There was no sale price by the disc, and the sticker said $19.99. Suffice it to say, I went to one of those price scanners and made sure it was on sale...I didn't feel like getting into another argument over this title!

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
Nothing for me to get off on, yet! (Deep Discount DVD's 2 for 1 Sale on certain movies ends Tuesday.) Hopefully, they'll have it again for Box Sets. If they have it for a show i like I'll "Swoop In!" :D

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Thanks, Mike and Patrick. I thought there was going to be something I was picking up this week, but I guess not. I already have both the CC and previous MGM SE versions of Silence of the Lambs, so I don't need a third one.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I went to Target today, too. No 3-disc (or even 2-disc) Gladiators anywhere in sight! :thumbsdown: And, frankly, there was no display for these $10 discs ANYWHERE. I found in their big wall of movies a single row which contained the Goodfellas SE, Unforgiven SE and Cuckoo's Nest SE. They were all marked $19.99. I picked up Goodfellas SE and price-checked it and it showed $10. Also in that same row was Chariots of Fire SE, Boogie Nights SE and East of Eden SE. I picked up East of Eden (a title I've had my eye on for awhile) and it, too, scanned at $10!!!.

I'm sorry to report that is the extent of my pricing experiment because I was in a bit of a rush...but I wouldn't be surprised if more of those SEs rang up at the $10 pricepoint.

=====================

On another note, my K-Mart flyer today has the following:

--Buy Open Season on DVD and get a FREE OPEN SEASON "MIX & MATCH" BOOK. Offer subject to availability. See store for details. While supplies last. ( The ad shows the book. It is one of those books for kids in which it is divided into thirds and you can mix-and-match the top third, the middle third, and the bottom third of each of the animals from the film and come up with funny combinations.)

--Also, K-Mart has an EXCLUSIVE DVD 2-PACK LISTED UNDER THE HEADING OF "Cenamania." Pictured next to The Marine (starring John Cena) is a 2-pack of Unforgiven and John Cena Word Life. Both titles are listed at "Low Price." :angry: While supplies last.

--K-Mart Odds & Ends: $6.99 DVDs: Glory, Radio. $4.99 DVDs: S.W.A.T., Bad Boys II.

John Swarce

Second Unit

Mike, I think that should say "Princess Bride SE"! Or maybe they only have the Dread Pirate Roberts version for sale! ;) (whoops! forget that last statement...I see it is the original version, not the new version(s)!)

--John

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S
In the same situation as most people here, no Gladiator 3-disc at Target I frequent. O'well...

Burke Strickland

Second Unit
It took visits to three Targets in the Houston area to find any copy of Casablanca, much less the 2-disc "special edition", and even at the store that had the correct edition, there was no indication (no special display or signage) that it was on sale. However, the price check kiosk scanner confirmed that it was indeed on sale for $10. Since the price elsewhere in town is $19.99, that's a real deal.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
The way it seems Target is "hiding" this sale (based on the few reports to the RoundUp), it almost seems like the whole thing was a mistake on their part. I think I'll be trying again this week on the Gladiator...and maybe checking out another store like CC as others have done.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Just a warning:

At my local, West Los Angeles, Best Buy, Beerfest for Blu-Ray was $29.99 and on HD-DVD was $36.99 (stickered, and I had the blue-shirt check on the computer for the store's price).

I bet they're wondering why they aren't selling so hot... :angry:

Nice pricing Best Buy. :thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

Amazon has now become my sole source supplier for BDs.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
I'd like to know what they pay the blue shirters...

The guy actually said (as I asked about Beerfest maybe having a lower price due to being a new release) "no, this isn't on sale because it's not a true new release, it's been out on DVD for a while, it's just a new BD release."

What's shocking is that the sticker for Beerfest HD and BD surpass the list price of $28.99 from that list (29.99 for BD, $36.99! for HD). So I ordered that + the Searchers BD from Amazon for $39.90 shipped for both.

I also was charged $14.99 for the deluxe edition of the new Norah Jones CD which I thought was on sale for $9.99 (just like the regular CD) but they had it stickered at $14.99 and I didn't bother to argue (because most other places had it at that price or higher so I figured it was a pricing error).

Jodee

Screenwriter
Does anyone know if Costco wil carry the Almodovar box set? They usually have good deals on box sets.

I can only make it to Costco about once or twice a month and I am not due to go for another week or so.

Colin Davidson

Second Unit
Anyone find Looker at a national B&M? My local circus-city is a disaster and since BB is online only didn't even bother to check there. Didn't make much sense to pay for shipping and tax for a single DVD.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks