What's new

Weekly RoundUp 1-29-2008 (1 Viewer)

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
For him, Mike, I would have thought Netflix would be the first thing he looked into. Between the movies by mail and the ability to watch content online, I find it far more cost effective than any Blockbuster plan with in store returns. Heck, this month alone I've gotten six movies watched via mail...with the one at a time plan.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Nada, pretty slow week, might rent King of California, I've heard Zero on that, I am Interested in El Cid but I'd rather have it on a Hi Def format....

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa

Mike , not to Hijack the thread but it's happening around me as well, the Hollywoods effectively killed all our M&P then they themselves have closed sown all their stores in out pretty busy area. People laught that Rental Downloading is Years away but I wonder.

Midnighter

Auditioning
Real Name
Kevin Gillease
Got the HD-DVDs of Shaun of the Dead and Bourne Supremacy with BB's B1G1 to satisfy my zombie/romantic comedy desires and complete the Bourne trilogy, respectively. Probably shouldn't buy anymore HD-DVDs, should I? Maybe just The Last Starfighter and then I wait and see.

Interesting discussion on rental stores. I work at the biggest one in San Francisco and I know it's a foregone conclusion that we won't last. I think we'll be one of the last ones to close though, thanks to customer loyalty and our gigantic selection. I try not to dwell on the feeling of impending doom...

Kenneth Cummings

Supporting Actor
I wonder what different about this version of Groundhog Day? I should look for a review for it soon in Software, but until I find out, I just play it by ear on what to get.

Jeff Meyers

Supporting Actor
Thanks as always Mike & Patrick.

It's definitely going to be a busy rental week for me:
  • The Comebacks
  • The Invasion
  • The King of Kong: Fistful of Quarters
  • King of California
Additional rentals for the kids will be:
  • Daddy Day Camp
  • Twitches Too
I'd better update MyQ PDQ. ;)

I'm considering buying El Cid SE as a blind buy.

Lastly, Groundhog Day is one of my favorite comedies of all time. I'm going to read the reviews (thanks for the links Mike) and see if it's worth buying again.

As an aside, my wife was born and raised about an hour from Punxsutawney. We visited her family in August 2005 and went sight-seeing in Punxsutawney. At the time, my step-son Matt (age 12 then) was a huge fan of Groundhog Day and would frequently quote lines from the movie. We spoofed some scenes from the movie in front of the Visitor's Center. In honor of the 15th Anniversary of Groundhog Day, I uploaded (on YouTube) two short video clips (20 secs each) of our trip. Here are the links in case anyone wants to check them out:

YouTube - Punxsutawney Groundhog Day 1

YouTube - Punxsutawney Groundhog Day 2

. . . and yes I realized after the fact that these clips are MAR (oops).

troy evans

Screenwriter
I gotta get J*A*G and Lake Placid 2. Might do a BoGo on HD DVD, but, I'm trying not to buy anymore HD DVDs. Did Hanna-Barbera's Drak Pack get pushed back? Damn, I was looking forward to reliving a little bit of the saturday morning childhood. Oh well.

s_sarah

Auditioning
Real Name
sarah
thanks guys for the roundup.. now i have many choices already.. very helpful

Nick T Robot

Supporting Actor
Just "Monty Python’s Life of Brian The Immaculate Edition" for me. I have the Criterion Collection edition of my favorite Python film so it's basically just for the new documentary (I did the same thing with Spinal Tap, for the new commentary in that case)

Jimmy M

Second Unit

I also already have the Criterion version. Is a new doc the only thing that is different?

Jimmy!

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
It's Season 5 of JAG & Season 4 of Emergency for me this week. :D It looks like things are going to be slow until the end of next month. (But that could always change!) :D

htf_images_smilies_banana.gif
htf_images_smilies_dance.gif
htf_images_smilies_rock.gif
htf_images_smilies_drum.gif

Nick T Robot

Supporting Actor

You mean "The Pythons" (The documentary that was made on location while filming "Monty Python's Life of Brian") was on the Anchor Bay version of the movie (Released May of 1999, versus Criterion's November 1999 release)? I have never watched that one before.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks