What's new

Weekly RoundUp 1/25/05 (1 Viewer)

Nick T Robot

Supporting Actor
I was planning on buying Predator 2 SE and AVP until I saw this at thedigitalbits.com:

for me, AVP isn't a good enough movie to double dip on and I think extra features could save it (ala Criterion's Armageddon DVD set)

So just Predator 2 SE for $13 for me.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member

You and I had the same thought Bryan.

Sky Captain is a maybe, but a definite is Married...with Children season 3. Just as a reminder, MWC season 3 features a new opening theme because they did not wish to pay the high fee that the rites owners of "Love and Marriage" were asking for. This change is advertised on the packaging.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member

This goes to Gary's post as well, I'd be surprised if it wasn't the V2 or as it is better known, the corrected version. As dumb as Universal has been in the past...I doubt they could be that dumb.

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
Thanks, guys. I will check it out. I heard that the corrected version was being released soon. I just didn't know if this was the week or not. I've waited this long. I can wait a few more weeks if needs be...

DanielCo

Stunt Coordinator
Some DeepDiscountDVD buys I'm making this (very busy) week to share:

Lewis Black on Broadway is 13.26, Crying Game Special Edition is 10.63, Andre the Giant from WWE is 5.99.

Also the Gangster Collection is 48.55 and the individual titles are 13.26. Also getting the Rodney Dangerfield Collection from a couple weeks back at 29.99 and Un Chien Andalou for 13.16. Finally Duel is listed at 9.35.

Chariots of Fire next week. Woo-Hoo!

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
October Sky for sure, probably will blind buy Sky Captain. I'm a big enough Jude/Gwyneth fan... :D

Dave Corder

Stunt Coordinator
Just October Sky this week (love that movie, have the book "Rocket Boys" on my shelf). $9.99 at BB - $5 RZ cert = $4.99 + tax. As tight as money is this week, I think I can afford that.

I've been told I need to see Sky Captain, but I'll wait and either rent it or pick it up used in a few months.

This thread has reminded me that I still need to get my BTTF v1 exchanged/replaced.

Thanks Mike and Patrick for your awesome work every week!

Dave

Jeff Meyers

Supporting Actor
Thanks as always Mike & Patrick.

October Sky SE and Predator 2 CE for me this week.

Considering blind buys on AVP & Sky Captain.

Dave - I never exchanged my BTTF either. Is is still possible? Do you know how to go about it?

Thanks!

Daryl Stovall

Second Unit
Thanks Mike. Hears my list:
- Batman Vol. 2
- Superman Vol. 1
- Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow
- Alien vs. Predator
- The WB'S Gangster Collection
- The Wire Season Two
- Homicide - Life on the Street Season Six
- Soap Season Three
- Married w/Children Season Three

Matt.K

Agent
I exchanged my Back to the Future DVD's 2 months ago. It's a simple phone call to see if they are still offering the exchange. See the following thread:

hometheaterforum.com/htforum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=140414&perpage=30&display=&pagenumber=1

Mark_TS

Screenwriter
...and for those who like their leading ladies with a little something 'extra'
Deep Discount has THE CRYING GAME-SE for $10.63, delivered...!:D

Daniel`D

Stunt Coordinator
I thought it was a small week. I'm only picking up One Tree Hill: Season 1 this week but I'm sure the following will be added to my collection soon.
Crying Game CE
First Daughter
Pauly Shore Is Dead
When Will I Be Loved

Matt Czyz

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Matt Czyz
Not sure where you heard that it was coming out in Region 1, but it's not. And probably not anytime soon. Region 2 and 3 versions have been out for a few years now.

Just Batman:TAS #2 and Predator 2 for me!

Mike: I love the new pricing chart, but even just bolding the lowest price for a given DVD would be a great help. Also, putting a space before and after the prices and retailers might let the grid "breathe" a little bit more. Otherwise, it's fantastic.

MikeEckman

Screenwriter
I am surprised no one has mentioned wanting to pick up Mean Creek. Do yourselves a favor and check out this movie. I am a bit disappointed at the high price considering this is coming into a marketplace as a relatively unknown independent film, but it is truly one of the best movies I've seen in a long time. On its surface, it appears to be yet another "coming of age" adolescant movie, but once you get into it, it has a depth and angle never before seen (at least by me) on the silver screen. The acting by the child actors is absolutely superb. Honorable mention goes to Carly Schroeder as Millie who I really think has the potential to be one hell of an actress if she can keep up this level of maturity into her older years.

There is a really nice thread about this movie in the DVD Software forum. Read some of the reviews on imdb if you're still not convinced. I wish the price on this one was lower, but regardless, I still plan on picking it up.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks