What's new

Weekly RoundUp 1-10-2006 (1 Viewer)

Phil Tomaskovic

Supporting Actor
I picked up Wedding Crashers at fye for $12.99 after rebate. I know I used to submit the price tag with the upc on the cellophane wrapper vs cutting the upc off the dvd cover and had no problems. I haven't bought from their store for a while, so I was wondering if anyone has submitted a rebate to them lately this way with the wrapper's upc?

PS, I just had a rebate form from fye.com's rebate handler returned to me 6 months after I mailed it in (for Sopranos season 5)! The envelope had return to sender stamped on it, "promotion closed". But obviously, the envelope was opened by a letter opener and then retaped closed and the original upc was not in it, but the rebate form, receipt and shipping letter were still there.

I have written to fye.com customer service and the rebate handler, but no reply yet.

Josh.C

Second Unit
Thanks for pointing out the link Mike. After reading I think I'm going to go rent it today.

I'll wait it out until they include DTS, and obviously, if I like the movie.

I've got my fingers crossed.

Jeff Newcomb

Second Unit
Has anyone been by a Costco yet to see if they are carrying the Peckinpah box? I'm trying to decide if I should stop there after work.

Chris Minogue

Stunt Coordinator

If you have to travel a long way to a Best Buy as I do - you should call before you go and check these prices. None of these titles were on sale at my local Best Buy.

Bill Thomann

Supporting Actor
CC got a grand total of 2 copies of Good Morning Vietnam & Dead Poets Society & 8 of Big Momma's House SE w/free ticket. Pays to be first in the door. First 2 were $11.69 w/BB pricematch. Also got The Flash w/BB pm. CC $49.99 & BB $34.99 so it came to $33.49. Got Bueller for $11.86 at Wal Mart & Red Eye for $14.99 there (with gift cards). Next week looks real slow (thankfully).

LarryH

Supporting Actor

Although this is of only marginal interest, I wonder if anybody actually found one of these. My CC didn't seem to have a clue. They said they were in the drawer at check out, but they weren't and no one at "customer service" had any idea about them.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Ran into CC tonight to pick up my Transporter 2 (with EXCLUSIVE bonus disc @ $14.99) and Ferris Bueller ($12.99). Instead, I was surprised to see Eraserhead at CC for just $19.99 (instead of $24.99).

So, there was a quick change of plans and I'll wait on Matthew Broderick until a later date. In the meantime, Jason Statham and Jack Nance went home with me! :D

Lance_G

Grip
The Underworld Evolution Bonus Disc is attached to the back of the DVD packaging. I almost missed it at first. Best Buy has the same bonus disc and you get the Free movie ticket.

John Gido

Second Unit

I just purchased "The Incredibles" yesterday from my local BB. They had about 10 copies, 4 WS & about 6 FF. 4 out of the 6 FF copies had the cardboard sleeve but none of the WS. :frowning:

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman

That isn't a CC exclusive. It should be included with all copies. (The movie ticket may be BB only, though.)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks