What's new

Weekly RoundUp 1-10-2006 (1 Viewer)

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
Thanks as usual.

Depending on improved PQ, I'll be getting:

Ferris Beuller
The Magnificent Seven

Back in Novemeber, Sony had announced a Mad Max superbit for Tuesday, but I guess that's been pulled, since it's not listed on any of the on-line vendors.

Kenneth Cummings

Supporting Actor
Thanks for the round up Mike, but nothing this week I am afaid. But I could alway use this week to get another DS game or so.

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
Thanks guys! No BB, CC or Target circulars in my paper this weekend, so I would have had no clue! Glad to hear I can start catching up on Seinfeld!

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I was under the impression all Seinfeld sets are 34.99, so with the B1G1 offer I would save $5. But it looks like only S4 is $34.99?

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Ric: What up with that? That's the kind of thing that would give me nightmares! :D

As it is, I never did find a Best Buy ad in an Early Bird this weekend. I did get one in the Sunday TU. Seems like most of my info turned out okay.

This Big Momma's House and Underworld crap is for the birds. Most lists I saw had Underworld LE listed as a new release...these are release lists and on-line vendors. Noone had Big momma's House listed. IT just makes things all muddled and confused...but, I suppose, only for people like me who put lists like mine together. :rolleyes::D

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member

My thoughts exactly! I had to entertain myself during breakfast with a CompUSA and Staples circular!

Dillon*G

Second Unit
Getting:
-Ferris Bueller's Day Off:SE
-Hustle and Flow
-Red Eye
-Return of the Pink Panther
-Big Momma's House
If it's out Good Morning Vietnam:SE and Dead Poet's Society:SE
Might Get:
-Magnificent Seven:SE
-Wild Bunch:SE
Eventually get:
-The Flash:CS
-Viva La Bam:Season 4 and 5

Thanks for the prices Mike and Patrick.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Not in the list or in any of the ads, but let me put in a good word for Kamikaze Girls; I saw it at Fantasia last summer and thought it was one of the best movies of its type.

Of course, not being a Japanese teenaged girl, and thus way out of the target audience, I could be way off.

Also, I'm kind of surprised there's not Transporter 2-for-20 deal, even if it just includes the first edition.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

You're surprised, Jason? I actually predicted in the Transporter 2 thread over in Software that at least one of the stores would have such a deal ! :b

Bummer for those who would like to get both films.

Question: On the Best Buy $10 MovieCash link they say you can get it with two different versions of Resident Evil: Apocalypse.

They are listed as:
# Resident Evil: Apocalypse ($12.99)
# Resident Evil: Apocalypse (Special Edition) ($14.99)

I thought there was no SE of this one yet? I thought there was one single disc release and they had crammed both full screen and widescreen and bonus features on the same disc side, causing some pq issues?

Did I miss an SE release?

If there is an SE I'll take that. Otherwise it's just The Flash for me. Well... might pick up the Oprah thing for the fiance.

Thanks!

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
As always, thanks Mike & Patrick. No must-haves for this week. I'll probably pick up the Ferris Bueller SE eventually when it hits the 2/$20 or 2/$15 deals, or if I find a good used price on it. But for the time being, I'm fine with the original release. And I'll eventually pick up Viva La Bam S4&5, but probably not this week.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
My Best Buy had Dead Poets Society and Good Morning Vietnam on the shelves TODAY!

Josh.C

Second Unit
I'm glad I'm probably the only guy in the world that missed out on buying "The Incredible's" when it came out. Just one of those freak things thats actually going to pay off for me. $12.99 - $3.00 coupon from Toy Story 2 = Incredibles for $9.99!!! I'm stoked. Although I haven't found many places that still have the cardboard sleeve, which is upsetting.

Maybe Ferris Beuller and Transporter 2 as well. I missed Transporter 2 in theatre's, but own and loved the first one. Worth buying?

Thanks, Mike & Pat.

JC

BrandonJF

Second Unit

The original release was a 2 disc SE (that did have the full screen and widescreen versions on the same disc).

The one disc version comes out next week.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks