What's new

We Gotta Get Outta This Place - The Escape Movies Tournament (2 Viewers)

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
I'll 2nd Oh Brother Where Art Thou?
Nominate
The Big Doll House
Spirited Away
Out Of Sight
ok the last two may be questionable I realize.

Chucky P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Charles Paulsen
Nominate
Ernest Goes To Jail
Escape From Witch Mountain
Fortress
The Towering Inferno
Second
The Thing (1982)
20,000 Leagues Under the Sea
The Poseidon Adventure
Out Of Sight
Third
The Running Man

Rob Tomlin

Senior HTF Member
Not quite sure if this one fits the definition, so I will leave that to others to decide:
I nominate Leon: The Professional

Vickie_M

Senior HTF Member
The lines of some of these seem to be somewhat blurred between "Escape" and "On the Lam" territory.
Would Gale and Evelle's popping up through the sewer in Raising Arizona count? It and Out of Sight seem to be on par wrt the Escaping thing, as would Leon. I admit, O Brother would probably be in the same category, whatever category that is. (You know, I only nominated it because Steve dissed it. :D )

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
List updated.
Okay, we do seem to be getting a bit off track with some of these nominations. Leon the Professional? The escape scene was only a small part of the movie. The Thing? Not really what I had in mind. I know you guys love these movies, but those are stretching it a bit.
I'll leave in the hybrid escape/on the lam movies like Out of Sight and O Brother, Where Art Thou?, but only if I Am a Fugitive from a Chain Gang makes it in. :D Just kidding.
Also, this isn't really a biggie, but is it really necessary to have both Toy Story movies? Both Escape from New York and Escape from L.A.? Seems kind of redundant, especially when there are other deserving movies that should be here.
Hmmm, how about Night of the Living Dead?

Ric Bagoly

Senior HTF Member
I can accept The Doors Gon, but the POINT of Pink Floyd The Wall was so he can ESCAPE The Wall. (Or am I wrong and that's not what the song "The Trial" is all about?):angry:

Ric Bagoly

Senior HTF Member
Besides, I have agreed with EVERY nomination named in this thread and think it's up to us to decide what is worthy.:thumbsdown:

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
Yeah, but that was a mental thing. If we allow that, it opens the door for just about anything. I love the movie too, but...

ErikG

Senior HTF Member
Hmm, I wonder why First Blood and Daylight aren't on the 1st page nomination list. Have they been disqualified as well?

Users who are viewing this thread