What's new

We Can't Go Home Again (1976) - directed by Nicholas Ray (1 Viewer)

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Back in the February 2010 issue of Sight & Sound magazine (Volume 20, Issue 2), there was a fascinating news article (under the heading 'Revival') about a film Nicholas Ray directed called We Can't Go Home Again (1976). I've checked it's IMDb page, and this film certainly has an interesting production history.

It says in the article that it is going to be shown at this year's Venice Film Festival. Is this correct? At the end of the article it says that if all goes to plan the Venice 2011 launch will pave the way for the film's first theatrical and DVD release.

Does anyone here know anything about the film?

BethHarrison

Second Unit
Real Name
Bethany Harrison
It was a film Ray made with students when working as a professor at a film school. I have never seen it, but I beleive Ray also acts in it.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
In the new issue of Sight & Sound magazine (November 2011), We Can't Go Home Again is mentioned briefly in an article about this year's Venice Film Festival, the writer praising it saying it was one of the best American films they saw. Now that the film made it to the film festival, hopefully a DVD/Blu-ray release will happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks