What's new

WBShops replicated disc page (1 Viewer)

bretmaverick2

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tom Hunter
I was just looking at that page and notice that many of the products featured now say "Made To Order".

So I take it that they are no longer pressed even though they are listed on this page??

Anyone know the details??

MattPriceTime

Second Unit
Real Name
Matthew Price
I don't believe anything with a pressed run has ever not always said "made to order" in the little box. I don't think any of the press runs have gotten a special mark. They just have them be sorted in the replicated discs category.

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
MattPriceTime said:
I don't believe anything with a pressed run has ever not always said "made to order" in the little box. I don't think any of the press runs have gotten a special mark. They just have them be sorted in the replicated discs category.
The fact that that's true, however, does indicate that no one has every complained about getting a pressed DVD instead of a DVD-R.

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
MOD has never meant DVD-R. It only means "Made On Demand" (or "Manufactured On Demand" - depending on where you look).

It could mean Pressed On Demand or Recorded On Demand. The term itself implies nothing in regards to the type of manufacturing involved.

The fact that the majority of time it is DVD-R is irrelevant. As the Archives has shown, in many cases, MOD is pressed (or replicated, to use their own term). But if you purchase the same title from one of the vendors, you might get a burnt copy.It seems that Warners is using that term to identify which division the title belongs to - Archives vs. regular channels.

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
David Weicker said:
MOD has never meant DVD-R. It only means "Made On Demand" (or "Manufactured On Demand" - depending on where you look).

It could mean Pressed On Demand or Recorded On Demand. The term itself implies nothing in regards to the type of manufacturing involved.

The fact that the majority of time it is DVD-R is irrelevant. As the Archives has shown, in many cases, MOD is pressed (or replicated, to use their own term). But if you purchase the same title from one of the vendors, you might get a burnt copy.It seems that Warners is using that term to identify which division the title belongs to - Archives vs. regular channels.
Since pressed disks are made in advance, why are all DVDs really MOD. You seem to be advancing a definition of MOD that would make it essentially meaningless.

smithbrad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
JoeDoakes said:
Since pressed disks are made in advance, why are all DVDs really MOD. You seem to be advancing a definition of MOD that would make it essentially meaningless.
I have to agree. When WB started their MOD program they appeared to all be DVD-R's. I think they just found a balance later on where it benefited them to do a limited set of pressed disks for certain titles before switching to DVD-R's. And it would appear they sold Amazon on the concept because many sold from there end up being DVD-R's. My guess is that they want to maintain the conservative approach of listing them still as MOD even when a limited run of pressed disks are produced to prevent any complaints later based on why some received pressed and others DVD-R's.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlohaTiger
Recent bookmarks