1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

WB needs to re-release older non-TrueHD BD titles

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by Jim-J, May 19, 2008.

1. Jim-J

Jim-J Active Member

I was able to pick up on eBay a BD copy of Superman Returns with PCM & Dolby TrueHD audio. Apparently this version was exclusively packed with one of Pioneer’s players.
    Does anyone know if Warner Bros has any plans on replacing their current non-PCM/TrueHD version with the Lossless one? Also, I know this affects some other WB titles as well. Perhaps WB could do a rolling change similar to the way they replaced some of their combo-HD-DVD titles.

[​IMG]

2. ManW_TheUncool

ManW_TheUncool Well-Known Member

ManW
    I get the feeling it'll take Warner a looooong time before they rerelease such titles w/ lossless audio considering their history w/ DVD. Part of it is probably due to them being so business churning out yet-unreleased films on the given format, which is a good thing in itself.

Considering there really aren't quite *that* many titles worth revisiting for something like this (compared to the tons of titles to look forward to), I don't think it's such a big deal if they take their time. Maybe they'll consider doing something when the next theatrical installment of the Superman franchise rolls around -- that's probably the earliest one can expect I imagine.

_Man_

3. Brian Sheffield

Brian Sheffield Well-Known Member

Brian
    Some insiders on Blu-ray.com (MaxPower I believe) have said that the lossless Superman Returns is the default for reorders. However, WB is not going to replace discs already on shelves or institute a replacement program. As the old stock moves, it will be replaced with the lossless audio version.

I have no idea about any other WB titles.

4. TonyD

TonyD Who do we think I am?

Tony D.
    nice going there Jim, how much did you pay for it.

5. TheBat

TheBat Well-Known Member

Jacob
    probably an arm and a leg and his firstborn.

Jacob

6. Jim-J

Jim-J Active Member

Thanks Tony. I got it last July for $28. I was real lucky. I saw a few auctions after mine that ended north of $70 [​IMG]

7. ManW_TheUncool

ManW_TheUncool Well-Known Member

ManW
    Aaaaah. I read the original post too quickly, LOL. In that case, I guess it indeed would not be surprising if Warner quietly makes the switch at some point in the near future for new production runs of such titles. Cool! Guess I'll wait for that then before buying anymore of their lossy-only titles.

_Man_

8. Dave Moritz

Dave Moritz Premium
    Supporter

Dave Moritz
    I would hope that WB would redo the Blu-ray version and give us Dolby True HD for this title. They had Dolby True HD on the HD-DVD but not on the Blu-ray which makes no sense at all. But at the same time I will not hold my breath for Dolby True HD Blu-ray to become available anytime soon. [​IMG]

My hope is if WB reworks SR and they put it out in a box set with all the superman movies that they will include a Dolby True HD track. [​IMG]

9. Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway captveg

Brandon Conway
    Dave - they already have. They are to be phased in as the non-TrueHD/PCM versions get sold. (I also have a copy of the TrueHD version on BD).

10. Jari K

Jari K Well-Known Member

I´ve to agree.

We probably see some new "SEs" from Fox (with extras) sooner than "lossless re-releases" from Warner.

11. Dave Moritz

Dave Moritz Premium
    Supporter

Dave Moritz

Sweet, I can not wait to see the Dolby True HD copies at local retailers. [​IMG]