What's new

WB goes NUTS! And 3 more Streisand. Plus In-Laws, Wildcats, Eddie's Father, and FAME! (1 Viewer)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
In Anthony's thread you can read about the cartoon releases for 4/22 (Challenge of the Superfriends, X-Men Evolution, Justice League, and Batman: TAS.
But today Warner officially annouced more stuff, too! Like:
4/01 City Slickers II: Legend of Curly's Gold
5/13 The Courtship of Eddie's Father
6/03 Fame
4/15 The In-Laws (Peter Falk/Alan Arkin)
4/29 The Main Event (Streisand)
4/29 Nuts (Streisand)
4/29 Up the Sandbox (Streisand)
4/29 What's Up Doc? (Streisand)
4/01 Wildcats (Goldie Hawn)
The Streisand stuff we knew was coming, but now we for-sure know when.
The In-Laws and Wildcats are both great stuff, and VERY welcome news here! Courtship is neat.
But FAME!! **FINALLY!!!!*** Yaaaaaaaaaayyyy! (dances around the room naked!) :D :emoji_thumbsup:

Tony Scello

Second Unit
Dave,
Thanks for the update. It's good to finally have a solid release date for some of these. I can't wait to finally have What's Up Doc? on DVD. Any word on specs or added features? Warner Bros. wouldn't dare declare What's Up Doc? a "family" movie (I think it was rated G)and release it in "Standard" full frame only. Would they?

gregstaten

Supporting Actor
Here's hoping they also plan to release the "sorta-sequel" to THE IN-LAWS, BIG TROUBLE. It is referred to as a pseudo-sequel as it was written by the same screenwriter, stars nearly the entire cast of THE IN-LAWS, and has the same sort of wit and attitude. BIG TROUBLE was directed by the great John Cassavetes and has lots of in-joke references for film buffs. One of my favorite movies from the mid-eighties.

-greg

ChuckDeLa

Senior HTF Member
As an Alan Parker fan, I'm looking forward to Fame. :emoji_thumbsup:
Wildcats is a sort of guilty pleasure, but I would never buy it.

Dave Kalloch

Stunt Coordinator
Glad to see you're axcited about Fame , Dave, now put your pants back on, I'm trying to eat my lunch here.

soop.spoon

Supporting Actor
I saw City Slickers II 28 times in the theater. By the 28th viewing I knew it all line for line. Those were dark, dark days...
:)

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I saw City Slickers II 28 times in the theater. By the 28th viewing I knew it all line for line. Those were dark, dark days...
You saw a movie in the theater 28 times? :eek: You people in Framingham are weirder than I thought. ;) (To clarify, a friend of mine who's in pretty much all my classes, we have the same major, lives in Framingham and just the way he acts and the stories he tells about his friends there, it seems like Framingham has more than their fair share of weirdos.) :) JK, of course.
The funniest thing I heard about Framingham I think is a couople months ago, the fire department set some guy's car on fire b/c they thought it was part of some demonstration they were doing - it wasn't. That one made the news here in Albany. :laugh:
But I digress.

Matthew Kiernan

Stunt Coordinator
I think the reason for the release of THE IN-LAWS is due to the remake (THE WEDDING PARTY), which stars Michael Douglas and Albert Brooks. But hey, just to have it out there...

BTW, Columbia owns BIG TROUBLE.

David Coleman

Supporting Actor
FAME!!!!!! Wow that is fantastic news! Hopefully they'll have supplemental materials. Would love to see new interviews with the cast!!

David

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
This is a great list! Bring on Fame, The In-Laws
and What's Up Doc?

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
hopefully this time WB will release The In-Laws in its OAR.
i remember waiting paitently for years for this to arrive on LD only to get full frame transfer.
if i'm not hallucinating, AMC or TCM ran this letterboxed a few months ago. it was shot open matte, but even though you aren't losing anything, it was still a 'fresh' experience to see the appropriate compositions after all these years.

really looking forward to this one.

not too eager to see the douglas/ brooks remake though...but whatever gets this movie into my machine-

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Geez, am I the only sap that wants "The Courtship of Eddie's Father"? This has always been a favorite of mine since my childhood. Man, you had a young Ron Howard playing Eddie, Glenn Ford playing his father, and the lovely Shirley Jones playing his next door neighbor. This is the film in which I fell in love with Shirley then I saw "Elmer Gantry" which was quite a departure for her.;)
Crawdaddy

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
"The Courtship of Eddie's Father" is the only film in that bunch that interests me. I have fond memories of it as a child. I don't think that Streisand can act(only sing!) so I'll not be buying any of her films.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
How much longer the wait until the studio announces Robert Wise's 1963 effort, The Haunting? Happiness is elusive until then.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks