What's new

WB discontinues Led Zeppelin: The Song Remains The Same on both HD formats (1 Viewer)

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Brandon,

Without breaking your agreement. . .in your opinion, is the item being removed something significant? In other words, would I be likely to regret not grabbing a copy in the store now instead of just waiting for the disc I ordered from WB?

(To calibrate: if it loses one 4-minute song or brief interview or something, that's not "significant" to me. Several songs or a lengthy doc would be another story. Just hoping that you can categorize the item without identifying it. . . ;) )

mdnitoil

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott
I've got the SD version from release day and saw all the extras. The only thing I remember thinking as I was watching them was, "where in the heck did Warners get this Tampa television studio footage from?" My money is on the television footage, quite possibly the BBC interview with Plant. Regardless, somebody probably forgot to dot an i with one of those rights holders. If that's the case, its certainly not something you'd miss on a reprint. Very underwhelming stuff.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
The BD arrived out of the blu ;) this morning (pre-ordered direct from Warner). The missing item is the Cameron Crowe "Radio Profile." Can anyone who's seen/ heard it comment on it?

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
when you say missing, is it missing from the list on the back of the case and the actual disc?

Paul Arnette

Senior HTF Member

I assumed he meant was that Warner Bros. has now re-issued it with only the supplements that do not violate any copyrights, etc. WB did a similar re-issue of Eyes Wide Shut, correcting the packaging that erroneously listed the inclusion of the theatrical cut. I'm sure Aaron will let us know more definitively however.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
I haven't even taken the shrinkwrap off yet -- had to bring some work home last night and didn't have time. So all I can say for sure at this point is that the feature listing on the back doesn't mention the Cameron Crowe radio profile anymore. Everything else appears to be the same as the image posted earlier in this thread (aside from the blue edges instead of red :) ).

You're not missing much there. It's just 15 minutes of what sounds like a radio promo segment to promote the film. Audio ony. It's Crowe in full shill mode, heavily stroking the band and the movie, hyping both as the greatest things ever. Some song sound clips from film are interspersed. No band interviews. It's probably of interest only to serious Zeppelin completests.

One thing that is of interest, though, is that the Blu-ray credits come up after the Crowe show is finished. It shows the discs credits rolling over time-lapse film footage of the road crew tearing down the stage, presumably at one of the MSG shows. Those credits have probably been moved elsewhere on the new discs, I would assume.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks