What's new

Was there ever a Monsters Inc. re-issue? (1 Viewer)

Artur Meinild

Screenwriter
There were problems with the original disc on several DVD players... Was it ever corrected? Or do I still have to accept a lock on the layer shift?

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I don't believe Disney ever acknowledged any problems. So you're stuck.

Artur Meinild

Screenwriter
well that's strange since there evidently WERE problems with several dvd players... and they fixed Dinosaur...

Moe Maishlish

Supporting Actor
Funny, considering I just bought & watched Monster's INC this week on my parents Home Theater, and the movie locked up right at the end, when Mike's taking Sulley to the room to give him his "special gift".

Is this the problem that people experienced? Or were there other?

Moe.

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
Did your player completely lock up @ that point, because that's where the layer switch is. I've had no problems with Monsters, Inc. on my Toshiba SD1600, and I had to get replacement discs from Disney for my Dinosaur 2-disc CE.

Tony Mirra

Stunt Coordinator
I had problems with this disc locking at the same spot on my Pioneer DV505, but have recently replaced that with a Toshiba 3900 and the problem has disappeared.

Michael Hall

Stunt Coordinator
Well, it was a pretty widespread problem with several player models (at the layer change on every one of them), but BVHE just kind of shrugged it off and did nothing about it, and probably didn't even look into it. Their resident tech guy spoke to me and told me that I'd need to just chapter skip forward to get around it because it was not BVHE's fault that their discs were incompatible with certain players. :rolleyes:So there you go.

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
They sent me a replacement disc, but it had the same problem. I haven't "gotten around" to sending it back yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks