What's new

WARNING: Canadians about to buy The Running Man: Special Edition (1 Viewer)

ChristianB

Stunt Coordinator
Well, Alliance Atlantis has done it again. Botched up yet another release.

They have dropped the English DTS-ES audio track track in favour of a French stereo audio track. WHY Alliance? WHY?

[rant]Couldn't you just leave the DVD as is and ADD the French stereo audio track as well??[/rant]

So, just a warning to you fellow Canadians waiting to buy this next week. Purchase at your local US store or online retailer.

Christian

Rob T

Screenwriter
Damn. I was going to get this.
Now I'll just be getting Scooby and Married with Children.

I'll get it from the US somehow.

Ray_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
R. Ray Rogers II
Why do DVD companies do these type of things?! Unacceptable! I'm not Canadian but I love Canada! Stupid DVD hoohah. Why not make both a DTS AND a French language separate? I just don't get it.

david*mt

Second Unit
Its a shame they didn't include the DTS track but from what I've heard the Dolby Digital is every bit as good.

Harminder

Second Unit
Real Name
Harminder
Why am I not suprirsed?

Thank goodness I pre-ordered mine from cd-wow.com.

Thanks for the heads up ChristianB!

Jeremy Allin

Supporting Actor
Thanks Christian!

I just preordered the imported version from Amazon.ca. It has the identical ASIN as the version on the American site, so it's the right version. Reasonable price too...18.63.

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig

Yeah, me too, guess I lucked out, I just chose the U.S. version because it was cheaper...

For those on the fence, you can't get U.S. versions of DVD's released in Canada from amazon.ca much after release date, and like for this film, the U.S. disc is usually a bit cheaper and is almost always a safe bet if it's a U.S. film.

ChristianB

Stunt Coordinator

For many many years now.

Now that Lions Gate bought Artisan, I'm wondering how much longer the distribution deal will last? I guess they have a multi-year contract (anyone know?)

Hopefully not too much longer.

Now if only New Line (Warner should have them), Miramax and Dimension (Buena Vista should have them) would wake up.

Christian

Christian P

Stunt Coordinator

Strange, I've never noticed an Alliance Atlantis involvement on a Canadian Artisan release before. Total Recall and Terminator 2 come to mind.
I guess that means I have to order Artisan DVDs from the US again if I want to avoid any changes and/or bilingual covers? Bummer.

JasonRH

Second Unit
Thanks for the heads up, Christian. Looks like the U.S version for me as well. Good job, Alliance.

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
Thanks. I just ordered mine online from the US.

Did they (Paramount) drop the DDEX track from the Canadian release as well???

JimChan

Stunt Coordinator
Slightly off-topic

Is this disc anamorphic??

I've carefully checked the package (US version) and it only reads 'newly remastered widescreen version'

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks