What's new

Warners Next Box Set? (1 Viewer)

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I'm just sorry they're so far into the future. I'm assuming the Judy Garland/Mickey Rooney box with their musicals together is also at least a year or two away.

Corey

Screenwriter

What makes you think that??? The Digital Bits said it was coming out later this year!!! :);)

DaveK

Second Unit
I would also like to see boxsets of:

Red Skelton's Whistling series (3 movies from 1941-1943)
Lassie (8 movies from 1943-1951)
Greer Garson/Walter Pidgeon movies - 8 in total (1941-1953)

Corey

Screenwriter

i 2nd the lassie set and it probably will come down the pike, but i don't think WB would do a gardon/pidgeon set. if that was the case, WB would've done a harlow/gable or crawford/gable set. i think they should've done that, since they did so many movies together. gable+harlow= 6 films and gable+crawford=8 films. that way then they could focus on the other movies they did in their solo sets.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough

I hope that's true! I don't know why I had it in my head that the set was a year or two away. That would be a great Christmas present from Warners to me! :)

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member

Have the titles been confirmed yet?

I guess this would include:

Thoroughbreds Don't Cry (1937)
Love Finds Andy Hardy (1938)
Babes in Arms (1939)
Andy Hardy Meets Debutante (1940)
Strike Up the Band (1940)
Life Begins for Andy Hardy (1941)
Babes on Broadway (1941)
Girl Crazy (1943)
Thousands Cheer (1943)
Words and Music (1949)

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
I hope Warner releases another Garland repackaged set (similar to the Bogart-Bacall Collection) with the following titles packaged together:

A Star is Born
The Harvey Girls
In the Good Old Summertime
Ziegfeld Girl
For Me and My Gal

At least that way we'll have everything with the upcoming Garland-Rooney set and last year's fantastic Wizard Of Oz collector's edition.

The old Signature Collection is pretty obsolete and redundant in terms of film selection now...

Sammy-G

Stunt Coordinator
I wonder if Astaire/Rogers vol. 2 is still on track for an August release. Seems strange that we haven't heard anything, but we've had news of other August and even September releases...

Tony S

Stunt Coordinator
In case anyone from WB is reading this thread, I would like to see released the 52 Our Gang/Little Rascals shorts from 1938-1944 and the movie General Spanky. I believe that these are the only ones that Warner owns via MGM. Please release this. I know most fans consider these to be the weaker ones, but they are the ones I most remember watching.

Tory

-The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-
Real Name
Tory
Is the Jean Harlow set coming anytime soon? That and the precode set are the ones I am looking most forward to and I would not mind a Rascals set but I still want a a Wheeler & Woolsey Collection before anything else and Spanky is Spanky in Kentucky Kernels. Tommy Butch Bond appears in Silly Billies in a small role.

Corey

Screenwriter

we might get that harlow set at the end of this year, if not we would get it in early 2007. i can't wait for her set, esther williams, and the silents.

ReggieW

Screenwriter
I am hoping that the Jean Harlow set will be worth the wait and have some nice supplements. Any existing footage of her doing anything off camera would be great. There are also several LUX presentations and radio interviews with her which still exist. This should do very well for Warner since most of the people I know who are big fans of Marilyn Monroe also admire Harlow a great deal.

Corey

Screenwriter

all the andy hardy titles will be released in their own set, so the mickey & judy set would only consist of:

-thorougbreds don't cry
-babes in arms
-strike up the band
-babes on broadway
-girl crazy
-words and music

Corey

Screenwriter

a new documentary would be nice because since that one with sharon stone is very old.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks