What's new

Warners announce Bette Davis Collection (1 Viewer)

Richard M S

Screenwriter
As with the John Wayne and Steve McQueen boxes, this is another box set I will not be buying but instead may just purchase individual titles. I want to read the reviews first before I replace my laser disc of Mr. Skeffington and DVD of Dark Victory.

DavidBC

Second Unit
Just picked this and the Crawford set up at a Canadian store. Thought they didn't come out until next week, but I'm happy to have them now:) - intact, unedited, identical to the American releases! The store also had the Bette Davis three-pack of The Letter/Jezebel/Now, Voyager snapper for about the same price as the 5-disc set. Strange. But I was struck looking at these cases just how big of a star Davis was. All of these covers are based on one-sheet art and they are all basically her name and face. So is the Jezebel art. It's astonishing that's all it would take to sell these movies! I hope it still works and this set does well, because there's many more movies from "The Warner Sister" that I need released!

Douglas R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug

I ordered the box set and received instead this three-pack set! Fortunately I was refunded the cost but why Warner is packaging these three together (and obviously confusing suppliers) is a mystery.

John*K

Stunt Coordinator
Would like to have seen my personal fave, The Catered Affair. Hopefully, in the future...?

Ken New

Agent
Douglas - PlayUSA.com did exactly the same to me. I returned the set to them over a week ago and haven't heard anything from them yet. In any case, I'm still hoping to receive the new box set from them soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks