What's new

Warner Upcoming BDs in 2013! (1 Viewer)

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
Robert Crawford said:
Let's remember that domestic rights might be different than international rights which resticts some titles from certain studios.  Don't expect to see Warner distributing Paramount titles to the UK. 
None of the big studios seem to release many catalogue titles in the UK, maybe we're not a very good market, in which case I can't blame them. As long as they're not region locked & are cheap & easy to import (which they nearly all are), then it's no big deal.

bgart13

Screenwriter
Real Name
Ben
HOUSE OF WAX, but only -- ONLY -- if MYSTERY OF THE WAX MUSEUM is included in HD as well. The noirs are a possibilitiy. CHRISTMAS STORY if they do an all new scan and treat it well, give it the attention it deserves (I don't have the existing bd, btw). The MAD MAX set is a possibility, but I'll have to wait for reviews and comparisons. GOODFELLAS, but again -- no sale if not treated as well as it deserves.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Originally Posted by bgart13 /t/324776/warner-upcoming-bds-in-2013#post_3994360
HOUSE OF WAX, but only -- ONLY -- if MYSTERY OF THE WAX MUSEUM is included in HD as well. The noirs are a possibilitiy. CHRISTMAS STORY if they do an all new scan and treat it well, give it the attention it deserves (I don't have the existing bd, btw). The MAD MAX set is a possibility, but I'll have to wait for reviews and comparisons. GOODFELLAS, but again -- no sale if not treated as well as it deserves.
IMO, Goodfellas needs more work than the last two BD releases.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Originally Posted by Billy Batson /t/324776/warner-upcoming-bds-in-2013#post_3994358
None of the big studios seem to release many catalogue titles in the UK, maybe we're not a very good market, in which case I can't blame them. As long as they're not region locked & are cheap & easy to import (which they nearly all are), then it's no big deal.
Universal has released several catalogue titles in the UK as I bought them there instead of here because they were cheaper.

Crawdaddy

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
It looks like I'll be spending some money on Warner releases next year.

Louis Letizia

Supporting Actor
Anniversay WB Blus id like in 2013
20th: TRUE ROMANCE; FEARLESS (such an underrated film)
25th: THE ACCIDENTAL TOURIST; IMAGINE;
30th: STAR 80; THE YEAR OF LIVING DANGEROUSLY; THE OUTSIDERS; THE HUNGER; INDEPENDENCE DAY and TWICE UPON A TIME
35th: SUPERMAN ans a proper THE BETSY and GO TELL THE SPARTANS
40th: DAY FOR NIGHT; THE NEW LAND; O LUCKY MAN; PAT GARRET AND BILLY THE KID; WICKED WICKED; WESTWORLD; LOLLY MADONNA XXX; MEAN STREETS
45th: THE FIXER; WHERE WERE YOU WHEN THE LIGHTS WENT OUT?; A PLACE FOR LOVERS
50th: THE HAUNTING and TWILIGHT OF HONOR

Didier R

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Didier Rochefort
I'm just curious whether Warner has plans to put out The Magnificent Ambersons on BD themselves or rather lease it to Criterion?Also,i'm dying to see Out of the Past on BD....

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Only the Big Parade jumps out to me as a must buy. The rest I have on DVD, so I'll be waiting for discounts to upgrade them. :(

L

Larry-Bender

I would like to see-LOCAL HERO---THE GREAT RACE---- GYPSY----RYANS DAUGHTER-----WIND AND THE LION----FEARLESS and MICHAEL COLLINS.

Scott D S

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott Saslow
Robert Crawford said:
I think Warner is more interested right now with titles that haven't been released on BD yet.  I doubt you'll see an official announcement until a title is about to come out.
Crawdaddy
It might be too early to speculate but will WB be including existing supplements on their Paramount releases?
Or is this going to be one of those "Hold on to your DVD for the extras?" situations? :)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Originally Posted by Scott D S /t/324776/warner-upcoming-bds-in-2013/30#post_3994482
It might be too early to speculate but will WB be including existing supplements on their Paramount releases?
Or is this going to be one of those "Hold on to your DVD for the extras?" situations?
I don't know I never asked any questions about supplements in my conversations with Warner and Paramount executives. With that said, I expect some supplements, whether they are existing ones, that I don't know.

Crawdaddy

Will*B

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Will
Some great titles there.

What on earth could be on the 40th Anniversary edition of The Exorcist that we don't already have on the current BD?! (I'm guessing a re-pack of the current discs, with bonus content like soundtrack CD, film cell, poster, crucifix, can of pea soup, etc...)

I'm fully aware that my next statement makes me a complete heathen and philistine, but I'd prefer to see a BD of the 1980 version of The Jazz Singer...

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Originally Posted by Will*B /t/324776/warner-upcoming-bds-in-2013/30#post_3994516
Some great titles there.

What on earth could be on the 40th Anniversary edition of The Exorcist that we don't already have on the current BD?! (I'm guessing a re-pack of the current discs, with bonus content like soundtrack CD, film cell, poster, crucifix, can of pea soup, etc...)

I'm fully aware that my next statement makes me a complete heathen and philistine, but I'd prefer to see a BD of the 1980 version of The Jazz Singer...

From what I heard, a certain Warner executive likes these Anniversary releases and has stated that people buy them. I guess the marketing world with potential consumers is much larger than our internet world on HTF and other HT-related sites.

Crawdaddy

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
Originally Posted by Will*B /t/324776/warner-upcoming-bds-in-2013/30#post_3994516
Some great titles there.

We are lucky, THE EXORCIST could have been formatted in 3D for this release. I guess that is what is in store for the 50th Anniversary release.

Paul Rossen

Screenwriter
ahollis said:
We are lucky, THE EXORCIST could have been formatted in 3D for this release.  I guess that is what is in store for the 50th Anniversary release.
Will THE EXORCIST be a remaster or simply a repackage?

GMpasqua

Screenwriter
Real Name
Greg
Originally Posted by Larry-Bender /t/324776/warner-upcoming-bds-in-2013#post_3994472
I would like to see-LOCAL HERO---THE GREAT RACE---- GYPSY----RYANS DAUGHTER

WIND AND THE LION----FEARLESS and MICHAEL COLLINS.
yes, but maybe 2014?

Im getting all the titles that were on DVD in the Gangster collection. Not sure why Roaring Twenties or Angels with Dirty Faces didnt make the cut :)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Originally Posted by david steigman /t/324776/warner-upcoming-bds-in-2013/30#post_3994604
Im getting all the titles that were on DVD in the Gangster collection. Not sure why Roaring Twenties or Angels with Dirty Faces didnt make the cut
Both are better choices than Petrified Forest, but it probably has more to do with Bogart's role as secondary in those two films with Cagney being the main gangster. They didn't want Cagney being the lead in three of the titles.

kingofthejungle

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John Heath
david steigman said:
Im getting all the titles that were on DVD in the Gangster collection. Not sure why Roaring Twenties or Angels with Dirty Faces didnt make the cut :)
Agreed. Maybe this one will do well enough that they can do a Volume 2 (or I guess it would be 3?) with Angels, Roaring Twenties, High Sierra, and G-Men. I appreciate that the 'Contemporary Gangsters' might sell better, but I personally have no interest in any post-Godfather gangster movies.
I'm very much looking forward to having the James Dean films on Blu-Ray as well (especially Rebel).
It's very disappointing that there isn't a single Errol Flynn film in the mix, however.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks