What's new

Warner Unveils Seven New Blu-ray, HD DVD Titles (1 Viewer)

Mike_G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
Excalibur in HD this fast?

/faint

You know, maybe the good thing about remastering these SD-DVDs in HD is that they can quickly get HD-DVD/BR discs to market faster.

Here's to hoping.

*cough*STARTREK*cough*

Andrew Bunk

Screenwriter
Excalibur was shown on HDnet in the spring, so I assume this helped facilitate the HDDVD release, although I'm surprised they haven't done a re-release on SD .

I still have it on my DVR, so if anyone has any particular scenes i can check for AR I'd be happy to. I can't post screencaps, but if you post screen caps of a scene that's from the incorrect version, I can make notes based on the comparison.

I'll tell you, I think betwene Uni, Paramount and WB there may finally be enough titles for me to get on board with HDDVD. I'll most likely be getting an XA2 when it's out.

MarekM

Supporting Actor
audio specs from digitalbits.com

HD-DVD
- Excalibur (Dolby Digital Plus 2.0 - English, Dolby Digital Plus 1.0 - French & Latin Spanish)
- Under Siege (Dolby Digital 5.1 - English & French, Dolby 2.0 Surround - Latin Spanish)
- V for Vendetta (Dolby TrueHD 5.1 - English, Dolby Digital 5.1 - English & French)

Blu-ray Disc
- The Phantom of the Opera (Dolby Digital 5.1 - English & French)
- The Searchers (Dolby Digital 1.0 Mono - English, French & Latin Spanish)
- Under Siege (Dolby Digital 5.1 - English & French, Dolby 2.0 Surround - Latin Spanish)
- Unforgiven (Dolby Digital 5.1 - English, Dolby 2.0 Surround - French & Latin Spanish)

hmm

BrettGallman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brett

:laugh:

Yeah. I'm all over V for Vendetta too, but I'm wondering why it didn't come out day and date with the SD version that I already bought. Oh well. My brother loves this movie, so I'll just give him that copy.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
Andrew I wouldnt mind a quick word or two about HDExcalibur compared to the SD.

One of my all time 10 favs, and I cant wait for this disc.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
WoW!

V For Vendetta was the title I was most upset that
Warner could not release day-and-date. I am happy to see
that it's coming out in a very reasonable time frame.

I actually resisted the DVD purchase in order to watch this
film for the first time in HD-DVD.

Excalibur is another terrific release!

Way to go Warner!

(Now if only Amazon would get these up on their order page)

MarekM

Supporting Actor
hmm Phantom of the Opera only with DD5.1 on blu-ray....
seems like Warner will not put better soundtrack on blu-ray, same with Superman Returs, it seems that blu-ray will not get DolbyTrueHD too... or PCM :frowning:

Marek

Dennis Maricic

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Dennis
Wow that's a big down grade of the soundtracks for Bluray. Are these titles being released on 25 gig discs and therefore not enough room for the lossless tracks? Or is it that Warner is not putting them on since the current set up Bluray players aren't supporting the advanced audio codecs? Fox is putting the advanced audio on KOH even though it's not supported yet.

Dennis

Andrew Bunk

Screenwriter

I haven't watched it all the way through, but from what I've seen of the HDnet showing, it looks very good for its age. I haven't seen the DVD for a long time and never on my 16:9 so I can't offer a comparison, but if the HDnet showing is an indication of what the HD-DVD will look like I think people will be happy.

Dave_P.

Supporting Actor

Seems like they're throwing BD-50's on everything now. What extra features are going in that space then?

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
i was wondering this too.
how does Click or a movie with not a lot of features benefit from 50 gigs

Dave_P.

Supporting Actor
Well Click's extra features were all in HD and probably took up quite a bit of space. Now for something like Unforgiven, I'm more curious on. Maybe some more hi-def extras?

ppltd

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Eisenmann

I can not find the WB interview I read, but WB stated the releases of HD material would be the same on each format. So what is on the HD-DVD version will make it's way on the BD release.

Up to now, what HD-DVD has been able to fit on a 15GB disk (VC1), BD has had a problem on the 25GB (mpeg2), so it stands to reason that with more 30GB hd-dvd's comming out, the 50GB is necessary.

8ohms

Auditioning
Real Name
Steve
Does anyone cares if it's 50GB or 10? As long as the transfer has excellent Picture and sound and extras that matters, I really don't think anyone cares even it's a 100GB. There is nothing anyone can do with all that extra GB.

Mark Anthony

Second Unit
Warner's please change the artwork on Excalibur to that of the original theatrical release, the hddvd artwork currently on dvdactive.com for this title is the same as the original dvd issue and frankly sucks as was said at the time...

M

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks