What's new

Warner please release these Paramount titles RAGTIME---ORDINARY PEOPLE (1 Viewer)

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Ahhh....curse my eyes! I thought the title read 'Warner Press Release Paramount titles ORDINARY PEAOPLE'.
But yes at any rate, Warner/PAramount please release Ordinary People on BLu-Ray!

Cine_Capsulas

Second Unit
Real Name
Patrick
The Brazilian 1492 DVD I own in worse than any VHS of old. It begs for at the very least a new DVD edition. Of course a BD would be perfect.

The current Ordinary People DVD is not demo material by any means. A Blu-ray with some interviews with cast and crew would gladly receive my money.

Jeff Adkins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Adkins
Cremildo said:
The Brazilian 1492 DVD I own in worse than any VHS of old. It begs for at the very least a new DVD edition. Of course a BD would be perfect.
If Warner has 1492 now, it would make a nice double feature with Christopher Columbus: The Discovery.

ricktech12

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Rick
Jeff Adkins said:
If Warner has 1492 now, it would make a nice double feature with Christopher Columbus: The Discovery.
I'd be fine with that if it's 2 Blu-rays in one package but most Warner double features have it on the same BD, still it would be better than nothing I suppose. Not a bad idea but I have really given up on any USA release of 1492 on either DVD or BD, it just seems like it's never going to happen. The German BD looks great!

Cremildo said:

The current Ordinary People DVD is not demo material by any means. A Blu-ray with some interviews with cast and crew would gladly receive my money.
That DVD of 1492 is no good, your review is correct it's almost worse than VHS. Very soft, blurry image. I was so disappointed with it but the special features are nice though, so is the packaging (mine has a beautiful slip).

Jeff Adkins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Adkins
ricktech12 said:
I'd be fine with that if it's 2 Blu-rays in one package but most Warner double features have it on the same BD, still it would be better than nothing I suppose. Not a bad idea but I have really given up on any USA release of 1492 on either DVD or BD, it just seems like it's never going to happen.
Yeah, it'd have to be separate discs. I have several of the Triple Features that are on 3 separate discs, but I know they've done some in the past that had two features that were previously BD-25s combined onto one BD-50 (I think my Grumpy Old Men double feature is like that).

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
There's no way that 1492 and Christopher Columbus: The Discovery would both fit on a BD 50 unless they were compressed all to hell.

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
If possible add

Don’t Look Now 40th Anniversary Edition

And if at all possible new commentary with Donald Sutherland and Julie Christy

ricktech12

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Rick
Stephen_J_H said:
There's no way that 1492 and Christopher Columbus: The Discovery would both fit on a BD 50 unless they were compressed all to hell.
Yep, it would look terribly compressed. It's a 2hr 30min film, anything less than a BD 50 for 1492 I won't even consider buying it again. I would be interested in that double feature if it ever becomes a reality, I don't hate that other 92 Columbus film but it's nowhere near as brilliant as Ridley's vision is. Warner should at least have some interest in doing that double feature, it's a really good idea imo if it's a 2-disc BD set with both films seperate. However both films seem to have a very hard time getting any kind of USA release, if ever.

ricktech12

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Rick
Reggie W said:
I have this blu-ray of 1492:

http://www.jpc.de/image/w600/front/0/4010324038739.jpg

Which I think may currently be the best available option. It is region free for anybody that it interested.
You are correct, it really is, there is a France BD but it's not Region A compatible. All the DVD's of this film are either region 2, PAL or just not up to par in the video quality department. Stay away from any DVD of it that isn't the German, France, Aussie or the rare Japan R2 NTSC edition and get the German BD and given the films track record on home video in the USA market, you perhaps won't have to worry about a double dip on the title in the near future (unless Warner or someother studio has something up their sleeve for later in the year though it's probably not likely to happen given it's never gotten a USA release on DVD or BD). Don't get me wrong I feel it deserves a quality USA release on DVD and BD but I have lost all hope with that ever happening, don't wait get the German BD, it is currently the best available option for a quality release of the film. If Warner has it though I hope it sees a USA release on BD!

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Boy...

I keep hoping and wishing for a Blu-ray of Ragtime.

Does anyone know if this is a title which, maybe, has been released in Europe or Asia on Blu?

jauritt

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jay Auritt

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Thanks for the thumbs up on the imported "Quiz Show" Blu-ray - I had been eying that for a while but didn't want to jump on it until I heard something about it one way or the other, it was a little too pricy to just go into blindly. But I love the movie and haven't seen it in ages, so perhaps it's time.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks