What's new

Warner Home Video Tom & Jerry Replacement Program (UPDATE 1/30/07 POST #134) (1 Viewer)

John-M

Stunt Coordinator

You should try calling them again, one very nice lady named Maggie said if I haven't received the discs in 2 to 3 weeks, she said to call her and she will send the discs herself, she gave me her own number to call her

Christian Preischl

Screenwriter
Real Name
Christian Preischl
I called them almost 3 months ago. Nothing. Then I called again last Friday to ask what's going on. The lady told me she'd have to ask her supervisor who wouldn't be in until Monday. I had to leave all my details... again (i.e. phone number and address of a friend who lives in the US and has agreed to replace the discs for me) and I'd receive a call back on Monday.

Guess what! Of course I never friggin' did!

This is really getting on my nerves. I figure, with all the Superman chaos going on I don't even need to bother calling again for the time being. I wonder if I'll get the damn replacements before June. After that my friend moves back to Germany. :)

Boy, am I glad that the Superman replacements will apparently be handled by my e-tailer, so I don't have to bother calling the Warner hotline for those as well.

BrianP

Supporting Actor

Finally got around to calling them again about the DVDs. Warner claimed they mailed them out with a return envelope on November 9, but I never received anything. They verified my mailing address and said they would try to send them again.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I still hadn't recieved anything since calling in July, so I jsut called them back. ends up they had my address wrong. The person was super nice, apologized and promised to have the discs rushed out.

Just wanted to let Warners know how much I appreciate, and welcome their customer service in this.

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
so is volume 1 ever getting a replacement, it was mentiong in the last chat but havent heard anything new on it since

Christian Preischl

Screenwriter
Real Name
Christian Preischl
Well, after a couple of months I'm still waiting to receive anything. I just called them up for the 3rd time. The lady didn't bother with the fact that I had called twice before and just took my details again. When I finished she said "So, this is about the Superman Ultimate Collection?" even though I had clearly mentioned twice that I was calling about the Tom & Jerry Spotlight Collection Vol. 2. In short: I'll never receive the discs! :rolleyes

BrianP

Supporting Actor
Received the corrected DVDs and the return envelope today. Looks like it was postmarked December 16.

Karl R

Stunt Coordinator
Same here...and I requested the corrected discs back on 10/24/06.

At first, I thought I'd have to pay the postage to send the old discs back to WHV, but I then found the stamp inside the return envelope (I guess someone in Customer Service got tired of doing the o' "peel-&-stick.")

LCD22

Screenwriter
I got my disc replacements yesterday. I haven't looked at them yet (other than to just double-check that I got Discs 1 and 2), but I'll probably do that tomorrow. Warner Bros., can we please have updates on "Tom and Jerry Spotlight Collection Vol. 1" and "Looney Tunes Golden Collection Vol. 2"? Thanks.

John-M

Stunt Coordinator
I got the evelope to send the Tom and Jerry discs but however, they sent me the Superman one but I called them and they told me to cross out Superman and write down Tom and Jerry and will be sending it tomorrow

Jeff Krispow

Stunt Coordinator
IMPORTANT NEWS REGARDING Tom and Jerry Spotlight Collection: Volume 1!

I was speaking with one of my Warner contacts today, and during the course of our conversation I asked him if he had heard anything regarding the long-promised replacement program for the Tom and Jerry Spotlight Collection Vol. 1. (In actuality, my question was more along the lines of, "Any chance we're EVER going to get this…?").

Surprisingly, the answer was… YES! Even better, it is happening much sooner than any of us expected! Here are the details:

The original Tom and Jerry Spotlight Collection: Volume 1 DVD release contained censored versions of three shorts on Disc 1. Warner Home Video's replacement program is scheduled to begin next Tuesday, January 2, 2007. Should you wish to have your Disc 1 replaced with an uncensored version of all the shorts, please contact Warner Home Video at (800) 553-6937 on or after that date. An operator will take down your information, and a self-addressed stamped envelope will subsequently be sent to you to return your original disc in.

Please note that the actual replacement discs are in the process of being pressed, and are currently expected to be "in stock" within 10-14 days.

Unfortunately, I neglected to ask how the replacement/exchange would actually be handled -- i.e., if the corrected replacement disc would be included with the initially-mailed SASE (as the previous Tom and Jerry Spotlight Collection: Vol. 2 discs were), or if you first had to return your disc before any replacement was sent. I'll see if I can get that info when I talk with my contact again next week.

Just as an FYI, this information should be considered 100% accurate as of 4:45pm today, as my contact is one of the Warner representatives directly responsible for overseeing these specific exchange programs.

Happy Holidays Everyone!

(PS: Ron/Jack/Robert, if you're reading this, please feel free to move it into its own separate, specific thread should you deem it appropriate.)

LCD22

Screenwriter
Great! Thanks for the update on "Tom and Jerry Spotlight Collection Vol. 1". Hopefully we'll see the replacement program for "Looney Tunes Golden Collection Vol. 2" in the future.

Jeff Krispow

Stunt Coordinator
Just as an FYI, as I reported several days ago, the Tom and Jerry Spotlight Collection: Volume 1 DVD replacement program is definitely up and running as of this morning!

I called earlier today to verify this (and, of course, to get my own replacement order in).

Callers are being told that the return envelopes should arrive within 7-10 days. The replacement discs themselves are not yet in stock, and are still expected to arrive (at Warner's replacement facility) sometime within the next 10-14 days.

So if you wish to replace your censored Tom and Jerry Spotlight Collection: Volume 1 DVD, please give them a call.

Regards,

Tory

-The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-
Real Name
Tory
I just did the call but was a bit confused. They asked for a proof of purchase this time and I did not have the set with me, actually I have it packed up in a box in my closet. They told me they would have some one call me which I did not understand why and then they saids that they would send me a replacement envelope.

BrianP

Supporting Actor
Put in my request for volume 1 today. Since I recently did volume 2 I was already in their system with my contact information.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks