What's new

Warner Home Video Tom & Jerry Replacement Program (UPDATE 1/30/07 POST #134) (1 Viewer)

KevinSF

Auditioning
Real Name
Kevin
I telephoned Warner Brothers today 10/06/06, they asked for my zip code and name and verified I was on the list to receive the replacement “Tom and Jerry Spotlight Collection 2” Discs. Then the Warner’s rep told me the discs were being shipped next week (week of 10/9).

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell

The discs? I haven't even recieved the furshlunginger envelopes! Are they skipping the envelopes??

Heathen

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Homer

Unfortunately, they have been saying that EXACT same thing every week that you call.... They will tell you that it will be either next week or in 2 weeks... I guess it depends on who you talk to, but in short, the answer is always the same, and the discs never arrive.

I guess Mr. Epstein and Company have no regard for our plight, as he has yet to respond to pleas for assistance for REAL information. Even a token, "Thanks for bringing this up, I will see what I can find out" hasn't been spoken. I have asked twice now for this 3+ month program that was supposed to take 2-4 weeks for some investigative measures by Mr. Epstein, but alas to no avail. I guess that he is too much into the back pocket with Warner... I think closing the threads of people talking about Superman Returns before Warner announced it showed that quite well.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Dude! If you want someone to help you out, you don't slam them like that. If I owned this site, I'd be pretty upset about that comment and probably would avoid answering you.

Heathen

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Homer

No, I do not think that they are at our beck and call, but I DO think that they are responsible to their readers. They got the release information about this so-called replacement program (sic) directly from sources and contacts within the company - they didn't pull it from some other site and simply regurgiate the message. They also have probabally near daily contact with Warner, and the replacement program (sic.) came about partly because of efforts on their part as well. (Not entirely mind you, but they did play a role nonetheless).

As it stands, because of the circumstances outlined above, they should feel a moral obligation to find out the truth about the replacement program (sic.), since it has been over 3 months now, and we were promised action within 2-4 weeks from the press release. They can't say that they didn't know about their inaction, as several people here have been bitching about it wondering if such a program actually does exist... In addition no one is asking that they get our discs for us personally and ship them out, or inquire about our specific case within the replacement program (sic), but to inquire about the status and true nature of what is going on. All things considered, I don't see that is an unreasonable request.

This is similar in nature to the CompUSA (and other retailers) that continuously promote rebates on items that they sold when they are quite aware that said rebates would not be forthcoming and have been held accountable for the rebates themselves. Although I am not holding Mr. Epstein & Company personally responsible for the replacement program (sic), they should be responsible for the information about it, since that is their service.

Heathen

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Homer

You are obviously missing the point. It's not the DVD that is the "moral obligation", it is the information and truth behind what has already been dispensed.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
No, it's not a "service"; it's a favor. If it were a service, you'd have to pay for it, just like you pay for merchandise at CompUSA. HTF is provided gratis, and no one here has any "obligation" to you, moral or otherwise.

If you really want to ask Ron a question, try communicating with him directly by email or PM. Posting messages in a busy forum is not an effective way to reach a single individual. It's the equivalent of standing in the midst of a crowd of thousands and screaming at someone on the other side, expecting them to hear you.

Further posting in this thread should be limited to new information about the replacement program, if there is any to report.

M.

Eric Peterson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric Peterson
To think that two months ago, I was extremely excited about the turn-around at WB animation and was eagerly anticipating the lifting my personal boycott. I was preparing to buy all of the upcoming titles as well as several back-catalog items that I previously passed on due to quality problems.

My once restored faith has almost entirely evaporated. :frowning:

Tory

-The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-
Real Name
Tory
I called and asked, the woman who answered said she would be sending out the Tom & Jerry discs on Friday. I asked about my Thundercats and Flash discs and she said that would be another week because she is sending out the Tom & Jerry's on Friday. She was nice but I detected a bit of stress in her voice.
I think the replacement program is under staffed for the amount of requests that they received for this. I almost think only one person handles this process.

Anyways, let's all quit complaining, at least long enough for these to be reasonably shipped to us from Friday. Let's give it a rest for a few weeks.

BenjaminG

Stunt Coordinator
Id be very grateful if someone could answer this for me; presumably Amazon have the old stock of this? Has it been repressed for stores yet?

Cheers!

John Whittle

Stunt Coordinator
My replacement discs arrived today! They sent the discs out first with a pre-stamped return envelope to return the old discs.

Oh me of so little faith, Warners has come thru!!

John

Jeff Krispow

Stunt Coordinator
Ditto…

Just like John, mine showed up in today's mail as well.

The mailer contained a letter about the exchange, two discs packaged in simple paper CD sleeves with plastic "windows", and a small cardboard return mailer with pre-paid postage attached.

I haven't had time to check the discs yet for content. However, I DID check the manufacturing/pressing codes against those of my original disc, and these definitely ARE newer remasterings.

(FYI: I live in the Los Angeles area, just a few short miles away from Warner. Obviously, it will likely take a few extra days to receive depending upon your location.)

Now if were can only get those Vol. 1's corrected and replaced…

Regards,

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S
Hurray! Can't wait to hear what everyone thinks. If these are new pressings then a three month window sounds about right especially given that the holiday season is coming up and studios are trying to get out they're big end of year releases.

AndrewR

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Andrew Rubio
Wasn't the original release date of this DVD in October 05? Anything after that should mean it's been repressed, right?

Got mine today as well. Haven't checked them out yet.

Tory

-The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-
Real Name
Tory
I received mine last night and have just started viewing the set for the first time and I have yet to go through it all.

If people are looking to see if changes have been made, the audio for Mammy Two Shoes in "The Lonesome Mouse" and "Polka Dot Puss" on disc one and "Saturday Evening Puss" and "Nit-Witty Kitty" on disc two should be different than the older copies and should feature the voice of Lillian Randolph. If there are other ones that are altered I forget. On my new copies these are returned to their original voice. To tell if these are different in your cases compare them at these points and if you can not tell the improved voice acting and delivery skills of Lillian Randolph then something might be wrong for you. Aside from the difference in voice, early on in "Polka Dot Puss" Mammy should say "Here You Is" on the new disc with the original audio instead of "Here You Are" on the older disc with the replacement voice.

My DVD player has a memory function that will place the DVD back to the position it was after you remove it from the player. Oddly enough, removing the new disc one and placing the older disc one in the player took me right back to the position I was last viewing on the newer disc. Still the audio was different. However disc two did not produce this effect.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks