What's new

Warner Home Video Tom & Jerry Replacement Program (UPDATE 1/30/07 POST #134) (1 Viewer)

RyanWM

Auditioning
I just got off the phone with Warner Home Video- it was obvious that the fellow on the phone didn't speak English as a first language, but everything went smoothly. She thought I was a woman (many people do- I have a high pitched voice), but other than that, there were no problems. She thought Bloomingdale was an unusual name for a town, but she realized when I said it's in New Jersey.

Christian Preischl

Screenwriter
Real Name
Christian Preischl
Is there anything new to report, i.e. has somebody already gotten the envelope, or even received the new discs already?

Christian P

Stunt Coordinator

Yes, I'm waiting for this question to be answered as well. I live in Germany and how would I go about replacing the R1 discs?
Or is there any word if/when these new versions will be on the store shelves?

Christian Preischl

Screenwriter
Real Name
Christian Preischl
Okay, with those user names and both of us living in the same country, nobody's gonna believe us we're not the same person. :)

Good question. I haven't heard anything to that effect so far.

Blogpoon

Auditioning
Real Name
Kevin Gleeson
This subject hooked my interest enough to become a member of the forum here. :cool: I took the plunge myself yesterday and made the call.

I was apprehensive about the phone number at the top of the dialogue here(a lady who answers the phone with just "hello", which indicates you might be talking to a contractor working from home), but after having run the WB corporate pipeline, being passed on phone number to phone number of folks who had no idea what I was talking about when I asked after the DVD exchange, I abandoned that track and called this one. She said I'd receive the return envelopes in 4 weeks or so. I'll keep the group apprised of what happens next.

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
So has anyone actually recieved a replacement disc yet?

I'd like to get some feedback before going out and purchasing anything...

Eric Peterson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric Peterson
How long did it take for most to get their envelopes? I'm between 2-3 weeks and nothing yet.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I called before the lady knew anything about this, and she called me back to get my information. I havn't seen anything yet either.

Douglas R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug

I just phoned the number and said I lived in the UK. I was told that was not a problem and they would send me the envelope, so that I could return the discs and they would then send replacements.

Christian Preischl

Screenwriter
Real Name
Christian Preischl
Really? Wow, I never would have expected that! Good to know if they ever fix Volume 1 (Volume 2 is already with a friend in the States).

Eric Peterson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric Peterson
Well, it's been two more weeks and still no envelope has arrived. I'm starting to have bad feelings about this replacement program, especially with the lack of announcements concerning T&J V1 & LT V2.

LorenzoL

Second Unit
Real Name
Lorenzo
I have forgotten that I called WB about the replacement program since I have yet to receive the envelope. Very dissapointing.

Eric Peterson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric Peterson
Over two months now and no envelope.

Somebody reported that WB was supposedly waiting to count the number of requests before sending envelopes, but that just doesn't make any sense to me. Doesn't anybody there have a computer that they can keep count on?

Thank God, I didn't break down and buy Volume 2 yet. I'm waiting until the envelope arrives, and if there is no announcement for Volume 1 soon, I may not ever buy it. It sounded like WB was going to get the animation department straightened out, but it is sounding more and more like some higher power squished this program.

Heathen

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Homer
This is a direct plea to Mr. Epstein & Company...

Could you fine gents please look into what is going on with this program? It has been nearly 3 months since it was announced, and we were told that we should expect to see something in 3-4 weeks. In addition, every time you call for an inquiry, you might as well play back a recording of the last time, and everyone here gets the same non-descript 2 week answer on when to expect something... In other words, they have no real information to give us and they just want you off the phone.

I know that you are not responsible for the program, but since you obviously have contacts, would it be too much to ask to check into this and get a REAL answer for us about the status of the program?

I am sure that your inquiry would be much appreciated by all. I know it would be for me at least...

TIA....

John Whittle

Stunt Coordinator
I second that. It would be helpful if Mr. Epstein & Co. could get an update (and why did the top of forum announcement disappear?).

John

Tory

-The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-
Real Name
Tory
When I did this I also asked for replacements for my Thudercats and Flash discs and was told a similar if not faster time frame. For all of the 3 I have not received a thing. S'more Entertainment was pretty fast with Lotsa Luck and Mr. Peepers replacements, as did BCI with He-Man and Shout Factory sent out the DVD-R with the complete episode of It's Punky Brewster cut in half from Season one of Punky Brewster in a much quicker time. I will try to call them tomorrow and ask about it.

I do wonder how many requests they got for replacements? Hopefully more than they expected.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks