What's new

Warner Bros. Alert: Kiss Me Kate replacement DVDs - All owners Read (1 Viewer)

GregK

Screenwriter
Has anyone been able to contact Sherri Bogard at Warner Brothers? It appears that Sherri and/or at least a few others at WB cared enough to greenlight a new DVD transfer and offer replacement discs for those who complained, and that's great. But when they send out (in some cases resend) the old DVD pressing ..even after they are told they have sent out the wrong one, is flat out ridiculous.

BrianP

Supporting Actor
I don't seem to be getting anywhere with the emails so I decided to try calling Sherri Bogard this afternoon regarding the problem of sending the wrong replacement DVDs. But apparently she wasn't in her office and I left a message to call me back. I don't see any point in returning multiple copies of the DVD in hopes that one of them will be correct. They need to look closer at what they are sending out. This is turning out to be a big waste of time for everyone involved.

GerardoHP

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Gerardo Paron
Am I the only person who received the corrected version of this title? Mine came back just 3 days after mailing out the original -- OK, so it only went about 3 miles from where I live, but still... I was pleased -- and the version I received is visibly corrected, with a framing that still favors the right side slightly, but nothing compared to the original.

TedD

Supporting Actor
Steve, why don't you wait for Sherri to come back?

I called yesterday, after receiving the old version and was told thet Sherri was out for the week. The temp who answered took my number and told me that Sherri would return my call promptly next week.

Ted

John Whittle

Stunt Coordinator
Received me second mailer on Friday and returned my disc today (along with a note about the inccorect version the first time and the notes on the different ring numbers as posted here).

This is only a guess, but the delay may have been to give them time to get a new batch of discs in for replacment. Obviously it would be easier for them to order a new batch than go thru the discs they have and sort them out.

I have this strange feeling that the only way to get the correct version will be to get it from Sherri. I doubt that it will filter into the distribution channels in any orderly manner--if ever (unless they do a special two disc release).

John

Steve Armbrust

Second Unit
I received my second mailer today. We'll hope for the best this time. Despite the mixup with the versions, I am impressed that Sherri and Warner Home Video are willing to spring for what will probably amount to more than $10 just in postage to get me the corrected version. I'm sure that can't sit well with some of the bean counters.

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
I got my 2nd mailer but am thinking I'll hold off sending it in until someone confirms they've actually received a corrected copy recently. How many have gotten a genuine corrected version? Has anyone heard back from Sherri Bogard?

GlennH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glenn
I'm in the same boat. Got the second mailer a couple days ago, but kind of hesitant to send it again until I am confident they are doing it right now.

BrianP

Supporting Actor
I tried calling Sherri Bogard once over a week ago and never spoke to her directly. She wasn't in at the time and I left a message. She did call me back later but I wasn't home when she returned my call. The message she left was to basically try the return process again. She never addressed the issue about sending the wrong discs.

I did finally get my second mailer and returned my second copy of Kiss Me Kate on Monday. I will post when I receive the new replacement.

Steve Phillips

Screenwriter
I received another mailer also, and am trying this for a third time.

Hopefully, the remastered disc will be sent this time. I'll post an update after I get a package.

Paul Hillenbrand

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul Hillenbrand
Received my 2nd mailer Monday and sent it in yesterday. It took quite a while before they sent me the 2nd return mailer, so maybe they have recieved and have verified a batch of the corrected version.?.?. Time will tell.

Paul

TedD

Supporting Actor
Sherri never returned my call.

I can only only assume from the lack of any meaningful response that WB doesn't really care about any of us or getting the corrected discs out into the their customers hands.

Ted

Paul Hillenbrand

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul Hillenbrand
Ted,

Your frustration is understandable; (knowing first hand where it comes from.):rolleyes:

But, somebody at Warner sure cares.:emoji_thumbsup: Somebody gave the ok to announce to us that a replacement exists and generously authorized the expenditure for the postage on the free mailers and free shipment of the replacement disc.

Looking at the postage alone, I estimate that Warner has spent $9.00 - $14.00 on me for this good will, and will spend another $3.00 - $5.00 more for the second shipment. This doesn't include the price of the two defective discs I sent back to them.

No other company, that I'm aware of, has been so responsible or so generous with something of this nature. It saddens me to see this turned around as a slap in the face for them.

Just hope that they can turn it around in their favor again, as they sure deserve credit where credit is due and they still can be an example to other companies with this act of good will.

Paul

John Whittle

Stunt Coordinator
My "second" replacement arrived today and this one is CORRECT. There is a section for the special 3d footage under features and the main title is windowboxed.

Interestingly the 7Y number is of the revised version, but the "V" number is V04, not V02. Perhaps different stampers?

There is no clue on the package. The title tape on the top has no number or barcode (maybe that's a difference?) and the box does not appear marked in any way.

John

Paul Linfesty

Stunt Coordinator
I just got back my copy today (my first attempt) and it is the corrected copy! I haven't yet watched it, but the special features does have the left eye/right eye sequences in it.

BTW, this is such a slight addition to the film I'm surprised MGM originally went to the trouble to have them excised from the non 3-d houses.

Drew Salzan

Second Unit
I've been following the Kiss Me Kate framing controversy thread and am somewhat confused. Can someone please summarize for me what the ultimate conclusion was and what I should do? Thanks.

TedD

Supporting Actor
I still have not received my second mailer after 3 requests.

No sooner had I posted this, than my mailer showed up in the mail.

Ted

David Grove

Stunt Coordinator
I requested and received a mailer.

The replacement DVD was bad (another original one, just like many of us).

I emailed them again with a request for either another mailer, or (in an effort to show gratitude for what they are doing) an address to which I could return (at my expense) the defective replacement.

I haven't received either an email or another mailer, yet. But, it's only been a week since my second email.

Their heart seems to be in the right place, but their execution seems a little sloppy.

DG

Al (alweho)

Second Unit
It's just taking them some time - it took about two weeks to get the mailer. Then it took two more weeks to get me the disc back - mine arrived today.

This is probably costing them a bit, so I can understand the reluctance to spend even more to get it replaced faster.

I'm just happy to have a proper copy at no additional expense to me, save for the time it took. My thanks goes out to the WB folks for trying to do things right. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks