What's new

Warner - Arthur? (1 Viewer)

Will K

Screenwriter
Now that Warner has set release dates for 16x9 remasters of the entire Vacation series, isn't high time to give the classic Arthur his due?

It's a shame Dudley Moore and John Gielgud(or Steve Gordon) aren't around to contribute to an Arthur SE, but at this point, I'd settle for a nice OAR presentation and the trailer. The ratty old MAR DVD has got to go.

A Liza Minnelli commentary won't be necessary, thanks.

"Steal something casual." :laugh:

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
When I first got my player, this was one of the first DVDs I bought.

I was horrified when I later realized it was not OAR and it promptly got returned--unwatched.

I'd certainly buy a proper release.

Mark Bendiksen

Screenwriter
I would purchase a corrected version of Arthur in a heartbeat as well. Too bad that this classic comedy was included in Warner's infamous "budget line" a few years back. Clean and Sober was part of that batch as well. Perhaps Warner has something against alcoholics? ;)

"A real woman could stop you from drinking."
"It'd have to be a real big woman."

Chuck L

Screenwriter
I am upset...I thought that this was a Bea Arthur thread....

Anyway...I too would be interested in seeing this film done right and for the memory of Dudley...

Gary->dee

Screenwriter
I was horrified when I later realized it was not OAR and it promptly got returned--unwatched.
Ha, me too except I had bought a used copy. TCM shows this movie every once in a while in OAR so to get home and realize it's full screen pissed me off enough to return it.

Btw Liza's line in the movie to Arthur about catching a train, a bus and a taxi(or something like that) to get to the neighborhood where the party was copied by Peter Parker in Spider-Man, albiet slightly shorter. When I saw it the first time I realized they stole that line or at least the gist of the humor from Arthur.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks