What's new

Warner Archives in 2014? Take A Shot! (1 Viewer)

smithbrad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
Not just "LIKELY" any more. It is up for pre-order now @ $35 for the first season, and has a release date of 7/29.

ClassicTVMan1981X

Screenwriter
Real Name
Benjamin
For fans of THE SUPER GLOBETROTTERS (1979): it should be known that the status of the release according to the Warner Archive people via Twitter is "still working on it," so at this stage don't think that it has been cancelled. They hope to get it out soon... hang tight. If you were to ask them about it on their Twitter right now, they'd give you the same answer they had to me.

I wanted to include my source of information over this just in case any of you might be misled.

~Ben

bretmaverick2

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tom Hunter
Wonder if the passing of Mr. Garner (my favorite actor) will quicken the release of YOUNG MAVERICK? Garner had a cameo in the first episode of that series.

AndyMcKinney

Senior HTF Member
Randy Korstick said:
For just about all their TV shows they use pressed discs for the initial run and not DVD-R. So far after 2+ years there are no shows that have been reported as running out of pressed so the 'initial" run is quite large.
I was told (either here or in a different thread) that pressed disc of SHAZAM! have run out. Supposedly, the "artwork cover" was supposed to be a limited edition, which would only be used on pressed copies, according to the WA rep I was in communication with prior to release (I was in communication with someone who was working on this release specifically, as I supplied many of the moral tags to them for this). The artwork cover was supposed to be limited and would only appear on 'pressed' discs, while the photographic cover would be the 'unlimited' one and would be used for all the DVD-R copies once stocks of the artwork cover were depleted (and the unlimited cover would also appear on initial stocks of pressed discs, too).

A forum user posted a few weeks ago, however, that he/she ordered the artwork cover recently (to try to guarantee getting the 'pressed' discs) and wound up getting DVD-Rs instead. So, it would seem that WB decided not to limit the artwork cover after all, and that pressed discs (at least from them) are now gone.

As for the quantities being "quite large", it wouldn't surprise me if the amount of pressed discs per TV title will vary depending on how well WB expect them to sell. I could see WB having more copies of a title like Shazam! printed than say, a late season of Eight is Enough. I doubt ever Archive TV title gets the exact same number of pressed sets made.

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
Anybody have any early guesses for what's being releases after next week's Bronco?I'm going to guess Spencer for Hire,, that would be August 5James

Frank Soyke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
They have backpeddled on Spenser several times on their site several times and I believe the last they said was no ETA (same w/Alice and Falcon).
This is a good question since none of their rotating series are due. If I had to chose one, I'll take the final season the FBI

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
October is the earliest date we'll see "The FBI" going by the four month period between releases that has been consistent for almost the last two years now.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Bronco will make 3 weeks in a row for a TV release so I'm definitely going with no TV release after next week. For the rest of August I'll go with 3 more TV releases: 1 Animated, The Next Season of Dr. Kildare and a new show.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
Way too soon for another Kildare season. I'm not expecting S4 until November/December going by the five/six months between S2 and S3 (this after almost a year between S1 and S2).

ClassicTVMan1981X

Screenwriter
Real Name
Benjamin
Frank Soyke said:
They have backpeddled on Spenser several times on their site several times and I believe the last they said was no ETA (same w/Alice and Falcon).
This is a good question since none of their rotating series are due. If I had to chose one, I'll take the final season the FBI
I think it is about the licensed music that is used in certain scenes in regards to SPENSER. I think that is the problem. Same thing with HEAD OF THE CLASS.

~Ben

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry.
Couldn't they just replace the music in Spenser, for a crime show like that I'd imagine songs/music would be of less importance to the plot.

ClassicTVMan1981X

Screenwriter
Real Name
Benjamin
HenryDuBrow said:
Couldn't they just replace the music in Spenser, for a crime show like that I'd imagine songs/music would be of less importance to the plot.
It depends on the importance of each of those songs. I say they ought to play a ratings game, to rate the importance of each and every licensed song (from 1 to 5 = 5 being least important or however that works).

For those of you following up on THE SUPER GLOBETROTTERS (1979), I've been told as usual "We're working on it!" so you know what that means.

~Ben

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
Does it seem to any of you that WB Archives has been more quiet about immediate releases than usual? By immediate I mean those coming out next week and in august or it just me?James

oldtvshowbuff

Supporting Actor
Real Name
James Beer
I have a great idea for a particular series, WB's first sitcom, "Room for One More", starring Andrew Duggan and Peggy McCay, about a couple with four children who adopt two more. Twenty six episodes were filmed and broadcast on ABC as a mid-season replacement series in 1962.

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
Do you think WB Archives (at the San Diego Comic Con) will give any hints on some upcoming titles?James

bretmaverick2

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tom Hunter
Are they hosting a panel at the con? It would be great if they would give us a look at what's coming down the road!!

AndyMcKinney

Senior HTF Member
I see one of my predictions from earlier in this thread (Beyond Westworld) is now coming to pass!

Oh, how I wish Universal had a similar set-up in place (or had WB do it for them). If stuff like this is being released, I could easily have seen Cliff Hangers! coming out, but unfortunately, that's a Universal property rather than a WB one!

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
Love the fact that wizards and warriors, beyond Westworld, and bronco came out the same week.Maybe in the future they can pair young maverick, along with the eight is enough reunion TV movies for a weeks release.James

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
So golden child is coming out next week. Maybe it 'll be paired with another half season program. Still, these weeks three releases should keep all of us in good spirits for awhile.James

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks