What's new

Warner Archive Discussion Thread (The Announcements/The Films) (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Oooh, we got this one early.....

Warner Archive Collection: New Releases for 4/2/2013http://l.email-warnerbros.com/1x1.dyn?05EGgqr-C_4TGh23DMzFVegxU=0
NewRelease32_02.jpg
WARNER ARCHIVE HOMENEW RELEASESBESTSELLING DVDsFORWARD TO A FRIEND
NewRelease32_04.jpg
wac-new-release-2-25_03.jpg
50thAnniversary.jpg
THE AMERICANIZATION OF EMILY (1964) What better way is there to celebrate our birthday than with this stunning Blu-ray Disc? Arthur Hiller's deft and delightful anti-war satire continues to charm the pants off audiences a half century after its original release. The American Film Institute selected this classic as one of the most important American films ever made thanks to director Hiller's stewardship, a wise and witty script by Paddy Chayefsky, crisp B&W camerawork from Philip Lathrop, magical music from Johnny Mandel and a sparkling cast headed by James Garner and Julie Andrews that includes Melvyn Douglas, James Coburn, Keenan Wynn and William Windom. And hats off to producer Martin Ransohoff! In the film, Garner plays Lt. Cmdr. Charles Edward Madison, the best dogbody the services have ever known. Whatever supplies and sumptuaries are desired by his commanding officer, Admiral Jessup (Douglas), Madison has the guile to get 'em. But when his irresistible charm comes up against the immovable beauty of British war widow Emily Barham and the sparks start to scorch, Charlie, a devoted pacifist, is given a true suicide mission - filming the first serviceman that will die on the beaches of Normandy - and to make sure it's a Navyman!
ClassicsInternational.jpg
THE BIG HOUSE TRIPLE FEATURE (1930) Setting the standard for all prison pictures to come, The Big House's message resonates as strongly today as it did yesterday. And now you have a chance to sample that powerful message in three different flavors with this special international triple feature edition of The Big House. When a convict falls for his cellmate'ssister, her stoolie brother threatens to spoil the peace by ratting on their third cellmate's prison break plans. Joining the acclaimed English language version of the film, directed by George Hill and starring Chester Morris, Wallace Beery and Robert Montgomery are the seldom seen since French and Spanish language versions, shot at the same time but with different director and different casts. Cinephiles will want to note, for example, the presence of a young Charles Boyer in the French version (under the direction of Paul Fejos), or perhaps ruminate on the very different dramatic approach of the Spanish version. With chapter stops synchronized across versions ardent cinema students are encouraged to go full Comp Lit on this cinema classic. Newly Remastered
TvDramedies.jpg
EIGHT IS ENOUGH: THE COMPLETE FIFTH SEASON (1980-1981) We bid adieu to the Bradford clan and learn that eight is no longer enough in the show's fifth and final season. Tom (Dick van Patten) and Abby (Betty Buckley) have their hands full running their bursting household as they gear up for their fifth anniversary, as life keeps throwing the curveballs. First up, Susan (Susan Richardson) and Merle's (Brian Patrick Clarke) baby girl raises the stakes in And Baby Makes Nine, then a young Ralph Macchio takes it all the way to ten, joining the clan as Abby's nephew, Jeremy. David's (Grant Goodeve) and Janet's (Joan Prather) union goes asunder, Nancy's (Dianne Kay) modeling career takes off, and Tommy (Willie Aames) gets serious about love ¬ as in marriage! Meanwhile, Nicholas (Adam Rich) gets a horse, Joanie (Laurie Walters) goes undercover video-dating, and Elizabeth (Connie Needham) falls for a friend and one of Mary's (Lani O'Grady) patients falls for her. But when Jeremy's father suddenly returns, the clan's happiness is threatened. THE DELPHI BUREAU: THE MERCHANT OF DEATH ASSIGNMENT (1972) Laurence Luckinbill stars in the TV pilot for the short lived lo-fi spy series The Delphi Bureau. Luckinbill plays Glenn Garth Gregory, a researcher for an amorphous government agency that does research for the President. Gifted with an eidetic memory, Garth has all the resources he needs to get to the bottom of some missing military surplus. It's a good thing he's got the goods since his Delphi Bureau contact, DC socialite Sybil Van Lowreen (Celeste Holm), doesn't give him anything to go on, not even an office! THE GIRL IN THE EMPTY GRAVE (1977) Andy Griffith stars as Chief of Police Abel Marsh in this gripping made-for-TV murder mystery that combines the small town eccentricities of the Andy Griffith Show with more Matlock-ian plot machinations. One year after a young girl fatally drives her car off a mountain road, Abel and one of his deputies sees her driving around town. As Abel digs deep to decipher this spectral roadster riddle, he uncovers a deep and deadly secret. Also stars James Cromwell and Jonathan Banks. THE ROSE AND THE JACKAL (1990) Christopher Reeve and Madolyn Smith Osborne star in this sweeping TV period romance that pits a dashing Union agent against an enchanting Confederate spy. Original Secret Service agent Allan Pinkerton (Reeve) is charged with stopping the flow of confidential information from the North to the South in the early days of The Civil War, and he tracks it to a beautiful southern belle (Osborne). As the two opponents circle each other, their hearts trap them in a web that their duties compel them to destroy. Reeve is rugged, dashing, bearded and brilliant. DUEL OF HEARTS (1991) Barbara Cartland's Romance novel comes alive in this small screen adaptation that captures all the page-turning pleasure, adventure and romance of her bodice rippers. Alison Doody stars as Lady Caroline Faye, a fiery headstrong aristocrat who finds herself burning with desire for the dashing Lord Brecon (Benedict Taylor). But a terrible secret stands between them - a secret that Lady Faye is determined to uncover. Also stars Michael York and Geraldine Chaplin. BEYOND BETRAYAL (1994) Susan Dey and Richard Dean Anderson star in this riveting made-for-TV suspense thriller. Dey plays Joanna, a woman on the run from her psychotic, abusive husband Bradley (Anderson in full on terrifying Terminator mode). After she meets an eccentric toy maker (Dennis Boutsikaris), she lets her guard down and the devil rushes in. And Joanna can't turn to the law for help - since her husband IS the law. Also stars James Tolkan.
BirthdayScreenings.jpg
We're rapidly coming up on our 5th Anniversary in a few weeks, but the birthday madness is raging all month long with screenings in NY and LA From film noir to melodrama to existential autobiography to Australian horror, there's a little something for everyone. Won't you join our celebration?

BAMCinemtek in Brooklyn:
WHAT: The Breaking Point (1950) in 35mm
WHEN: Tues. March 11, 2014 - 4:30PM and 9:30PM
Click here for more info..

WHAT: The Man I Love (1946) in 35mm
WHEN: Tues. March 18, 2014 - 4:30PM, 7PM and 9:15PM

The Cinefamily in LA:
WHAT: Alex in Wonderland (1970) - with director Paul Mazursky in person!
WHEN: Fri. March 14th, 2014 - 7:30PM

WHAT: Razorback (1984) in 35mm
WHEN: Fri. March 21st, 2013 - MIDNIGHT
InstantStreaming_V2.jpg
We recently added quite a few new television series to our streaming roster including A Man Called Shenandoah, McClain’s Law and The Mask: The Animated Series. Watch them on your PC/Mac, iPad, and Roku player including their new Streaming Stick. Try out Warner Archive Instant FREE for 2 weeks!
wac-new-release-2-25-side_13.jpg
wac-new-release-2-25_09.jpg
WarnerArchive.com
---------------------------------------------------------

Our Big Birthday Month, Week Two
http://shop.warnerarchive.com/category/new+releases.do?adid=031114WACNRl&ref=EW031114 &utm_source=crm&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=EWACNR140311

© 2014 Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. All Rights Reserved.

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
Glad to hear THE BIG HOUSE is newly remastered for as one of the first batch of WAC titles it was one of the poorer releases. But I don't think I will bite again.

JoHud

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Hudak
Very happy to see a good remaster of The Big House. The original Archive disc looked like a very old Turner-era transfer. I thought they were absolutely done doing those since, what? the Four Daughters rerelease over a year ago?

I'll definitely be getting this. Two international versions is extremely rare for any film outside of a handful of early talkie Laurel & Hardys.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
JoHud said:
Very happy to see a good remaster of The Big House. The original Archive disc looked like a very old Turner-era transfer. I thought they were absolutely done doing those since, what? the Four Daughters rerelease over a year ago?

I'll definitely be getting this. Two international versions is extremely rare for any film outside of a handful of early talkie Laurel & Hardys.
Warner probably used MPI again which does such work for them. This isn't the same MPI that releases video product like Becket.

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
I'll get this triple version of The Big House. Comparing international versions is fascinating. See Anna Christie (Garbo, in English, then in German; the German being superior, imo). Same thing with Universal's Dracula in its two versions, the Spanish version being so much sexier and, dare I say, more fluid?
Lubitsch directed The Merry Widow in English and in French. He kept Chevalier and MacDonald in the lead roles, but most of the supporting cast is different. The French version does exist and it just needs to be subtitled. It would fill a gap in the Lubitsch filmography.

Doug Bull

Advanced Member
Real Name
Doug Bull
bujaki said:
I'll get this triple version of The Big House. Comparing international versions is fascinating. See Anna Christie (Garbo, in English, then in German; the German being superior, imo). Same thing with Universal's Dracula in its two versions, the Spanish version being so much sexier and, dare I say, more fluid?
Lubitsch directed The Merry Widow in English and in French. He kept Chevalier and MacDonald in the lead roles, but most of the supporting cast is different. The French version does exist and it just needs to be subtitled. It would fill a gap in the Lubitsch filmography.
I wonder what condition the existing French version of "The Merry Widow" is in.
What of the French dialogue tracks?
I'm guessing Chevalier would do his own French dialogue and that MacDonald would be dubbed.

What of the Musical numbers?
Did they use the original English pre-recordings or were they re-recorded in French (without MacDonald ?)

It certainly would be interesting to see and hear the French version.

Doug.

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
MacDonald spoke French. No need to dub her dialogue nor her singing voice. All the songs are in French. I haven't watched it through; I guess I should. I just wish it had subtitles.

JoHud

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Hudak
Doug Bull said:
I'm guessing Chevalier would do his own French dialogue and that MacDonald would be dubbed.
None of the Hollywood foreign language film versions of the early talkie era (I believe up to 1935?) were ever dubbed. They actually went through the effort of making the whole movie again except in a different spoken language and often foreign actors and sometimes even had additional content. It was a superior method of localizing the film to different countries over dubbing and subtitles, but was much more expensive. MGM was the last studio to continue with this practice until they too went for the cheaper route of subtitling.

PODER

Supporting Actor
Real Name
PETER JABLONSKI
While I could have easily missed it, I find no 5 for $50 sale this week for Year Two of the Warner Archive. Does anyone have an idea as to how this will play out? Maybe once a month? My savings account would definitely appreciate a Once A Month Sale. (Oddly enough, I had no problem finding five oldies last week, in spite of all the ones I've already purchased. I hadn't really expected that when I started scrolling through.)

PODER

Supporting Actor
Real Name
PETER JABLONSKI
Well, I guess that I should have waited one more day! Now it's time to see what I might have missed during Year Two ...

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
AHEAD OF TODAY'S ANNOUNCEMENT....

Warner Archive Collection New Releases http://l.email-warnerbros.com/1x1.dyn?0zEGgqr-C_PImh23fnVzKegxU=0
wac-new-release-9-24_30_01.jpg
WARNER ARCHIVE HOMENEW RELEASESBESTSELLING DVDsFORWARD TO A FRIEND
wac-new-release-9-24_30_01.jpg
wac-new-release-3-18_03.jpg
spacer.gif
wac-new-release-3-18_06_01.jpg
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
GREEN LANTERN: THE COMPLETE ANIMATED SERIES (2011-2013) Legendary DC animation architect Bruce Timm (Batman: The Animated Series, Batman Beyond, Justice League Unlimited) teams with WB animation vets Sam Register (Batman: The Brave and the Bold), Jim Krieg (Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox) and Giancarlo Volpe (Star Wars: The Clone Wars) for this intergalactic venture into CG glory. Hal Jordan is placed beyond the reach of Oa and his fellow Green Lantern Corpsmen on the edges of the Guardian Frontier aboard the experimental spacecraft the Interceptor in this first animated series starring everyone’s favorite Space Sector 2814 patrolman. Powered by the emerald energy itself, the Interceptor comes equipped with self-aware AI Aya and fan favorite GL Kilowog. Together they must confront the rising menace of the Red Lanterns only to discover an even greater evil that threatens to extinguish all life in the universe. Ably mining the entire GL mythos (especially the ground-breaking Geoff Johns run), the series is packed with all the sci-fi awesome fans could demand, including Guy Gardner, Larfleeze, Tomar-Re, Blue Lantern Saint Walker, the Manhunters and the Anti-Monitor. Grab this double disc, complete 26 episode series collection. It be a delight, in brightest day and blackest night — you have our oath on it, by Oa! 16x9 Widescreen
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
wac-new-release-3-18_17.jpg
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
MEDICAL CENTER S4 (1972-73) Chad Everett and James Daly lead their hit medical drama into its fourth outing tackling controversial topics while using cutting-edge medicine with a side dose of compassion. Alternative medicine, parapsychology, performance enhancing drugs, “angels of mercy” killers and more are confronted by Dr. Joe and Dr. Lochner alongside a ward full of A-list guest stars. One of those guests, Film Noir Queen Audrey Totter, was on her way to becoming a series regular, thanks to her compelling Nurse Wilcox. Among the other stars showing up at County UMC are The Courtship of Eddie’s Father stars Bill Bixby and Brandon Cruz (in separate episodes), Jim Backus, Stefanie Powers, Celeste Holm, Larry Hagman, Barbara Feldon, John Ritter, Ruth Buzzi, Jessica Walter, Robert Foxworth, Will Geer, George Chakiris, Nancy Walker and William Windom. 6-Disc, 24-Episode Collection. Newly Remastered.
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
wac-new-release-3-18_25.jpg
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
TIM HOLT WESTERN CLASSICS VOLUME 4 (1940-52) Tim Holt rides again in this action-packed three disc, nine movie collection that gives Western fans a chance to saddle up with Tim across more than a decade’s span of sagebrush sagas. From Wagon Train, the film that crowned Tim a Cowboy King, to some of his final Western adventures in Overland Telegraph and Trail Guide, Holt’s acting dexterity that’s on ample display in his A-list supporting player career, gets plenty of chances to shine. He also larks through screwball comedy Western The Fargo Kid, fights a grim battle against a town of outlaws in Land of the Open Range and even buckles on some costumed adventurer swash in Red River Robin Hood! But no man rides alone for long as Tim is joined by a posse of cool co-stars like Ray Whitley, Lee “Lasses” White, Marjorie Reynolds, Janet Waldo, and “Ukulele Ike” Cliff Edwards. But why waste time jawin’? Let’s ride! Collection includes: Wagon Train (1940), The Fargo Kid (1940), Cyclone on Horseback (1941), Riding the Wind (1942), Land of the Open Range (1942), Thundering Hoofs (1942), Overland Telegraph (1951) and Trail Guide (1952).
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
wac-new-release-3-18_34.jpg
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
THE LONELY MAN (1957) Jack Palance and Anthony Perkins star in this Western drama about a gunfighter struggling to reconnect with the estranged son he abandoned years previously. It’s a bond that best be forged soon, since a posse of badmen are close behind. 16x9 Widescreen
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
JOSEPH ANDREWS (1977) Tony Richardson (Tom Jones) returns to the 18th Century for this ribald and rollicking tale of virtue unrewarded. The aptly named Lady Booby (Ann-Margret) lusts after innocent village foundling Joseph Andrews (Peter Firth) and makes him her footman. Alas, parson protege Andrews has his heart set on innocent Fanny Goodwill…alas for Joseph, that is. 16x9 Widescreen
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
KING DAVID (1982) Bruce Beresford directs a red hot Richard Gere in this sweeping biblical saga that seeks to root its sling-wielding singing shepherd solidly on the grounds of biblical archaeology. Edward Woodward and Alice Krige co-star. 16x9 Widescreen
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
TESTAMENT (1983) A powerful post-nuclear paean to the slow disintegration of the survivors of an atomic holocaust, Jane Alexander and William Devane play the heads of the tale’s central family while a very young Rebecca De Mornay and Kevin Costner make some of their earliest film appearances as a troubled couple doing everything they can to survive. 16x9 Widescreen
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
PERMANENT RECORD (1988) Keanu Reeves stars in this poignant and moving look at the aftermath of teen suicide. When a high school’s perfect boy takes a header off a bluff, his schoolmates, family and teachers are left to struggle with the loss. 16x9 Widescreen
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
MEAN MACHINE (2001) This riotous across-the-pond reworking of The Longest Yard features all-star footballer (that’s soccer to you, punk) Vinnie Jones and action superstar Jason Statham in this tale of screws against gaolbirds for the goal. 16x9 Widescreen
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
THE RECKONING (2003) This criminally overlooked medieval murder mystery is simultaneously a thriller, a lesson on the rise of modern drama and a rumination on power and politics. It’s also a corker with an all-star cast — Paul Bettany, Willem Dafoe, Brian Cox, Tom Hardy, Gina McKee and Vincent Cassel. Directed by Paul McGuigan, from the novel Morality Play by Barry Unsworth. 16x9 Widescreen
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
wac-new-release-3-18_42.jpg
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
Our 5th Anniversary is next week, and we’re celebrating with screenings in NY and LA. From film noir to Australian horror, there’s a lot of darkness to celebrate!
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
BAMCinematek in Brooklyn:
WHAT: Raoul Walsh’s The Man I Love (1946) in 35mm starring Ida Lupino — a Curator’s Choice screening!
WHEN: Tues. March 18, 2014 – 4:30PM, 7PM and 9:15PM Click for more info
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
The Cinefamily in LA:
WHAT: Russell (Highlander) Mulcahy’s Ozploitation horror classic — Razorback (1984) in 35mm! Part of Friday Night Frights. Check out their “very special” trailer!
WHEN: Fri. March 21, 2014 – MIDNIGHT Click for more info
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
The Egyptian Theatre in LA:
American Cinematheque and the Film Noir Foundation present the 16th annual Noir City: Hollywood — an astounding line-up of jaded gumshoes, femmes fatale and menacing heavies in gloriously gritty black and white running March 21 – April 6.
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
Selected screenings also available on DVD from Warner Archive
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
WHAT: Nicholas Ray’s Born to be Bad (1950) starring Joan Fontaine — Also screening the awesome alternate ending Warner Archive unearthed (and available on the DVD)!
WHEN: Sat. March 22, 2014 – 7:30pm Click for more info
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
WHAT: Southside 1-1000 (1950) (with the Foundation’s new 35mm print) and Roadblock (1951) Double down on your Noir!
WHEN: Sat. March 29, 2014 – 7:30pm Click for more info
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
wac-new-release-3-18_49.jpg
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
Did you say you wanted a more eclectic streaming experience? The Village Voice suggests you check out Warner Archive Instant. Watch on your PC/Mac, iPad, and Roku — including their new Streaming Stick. Try it FREE for 2 weeks!
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
WarnerArchive.com

Oa? I hardly know ya!
http://shop.warnerarchive.com/category/new+releases.do?adid=031114WACNRl&ref=EW031814 &utm_source=crm&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=EWACNR140318

© 2014 Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. All Rights Reserved.

JoHud

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Hudak
Tim Holt vol 4 was sure a long time coming--the first three volumes were released within a year, but this fourth one took at least two years to come out. They must have sorted out some serious element issues for this set, likely involving photochemical restoration.

Bob Gu

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob Gudera
After the long wait for Tim Holt Vol 4, I hope Vol 5 is ready, also now, to release soon. Vol 5 may only have seven movies. There are ten Tim Holt RKO westerns left, but does WAC have the rights to the first three Tim Holt/ Richard Martin movies in the series? They are the three Zane Grey titles that have been released before by Lion's Gate.

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
Maybe I'm posting on the wrong thread, but I've noticed that THE BIG TREES, the 1952 Color Feature by Warner Brothers, that stars Kirk Douglas seems to be only available on Public Domain discs. A search on Amazon, and the Warner Archive didn't unearth anything that appeared promising.

Is there any chance the Warner Archive will ever release this, or am I just spitting in the wind, so to speak? I'm simply tired of playing the crappy looking PD version that we have whenever the mood hits us to give this one a viewing, and would like to see THE BIG TREES on a decent looking Color Print (As opposed to a shabby one!), if possible!

CHEERS!

Tony

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
Tony Bensley said:
I'm simply tired of playing the crappy looking PD version that we have whenever the mood hits us to give this one a viewing, and would like to see THE BIG TREES on a decent looking Color Print (As opposed to a shabby one!), if possible!
I don't know what PD version of The Big Trees that you own, Tony but the Roan DVD (now OP I believe) while not state of the art quality is better than average looking for a PD title and quite watchable. It was mastered from original Technicolor material (or so the DVD jacket claims). Until a better transfer comes along, it's probably the best version out there.

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
Thomas T said:
I don't know what PD version of The Big Trees that you own, Tony but the Roan DVD (now OP I believe) while not state of the art quality is better than average looking for a PD title and quite watchable. It was mastered from original Technicolor material (or so the DVD jacket claims). Until a better transfer comes along, it's probably the best version out there.
Thank you very much for your information, Thomas!

I did see the review for the Roan DVD on Amazon after I made my post. As this particular title from U.S. Amazon won't ship to my Canadian address, and the price for a new copy on Canadian Amazon is outrageous (Currently $45 Plus!), I may take a chance on ordering from a third party Amazon Marketplace vendor, which I've recently learned the hard way can be a chancy venture for a title that has so many Public Domain issues!

It's too bad that another company, such as the Warner Archive hasn't issued a more recent superior transfer of THE BIG TREES. This is going to take some serious mulling over on my part!

CHEERS!

Tony

P.S. Below are three screenshots from our "Ovation Home Video" DVD, which boasts of "Guaranteed Superior Quality:"

dvd_snapshot_00.00.06_2014.03.23_19.24.46.jpg

dvd_snapshot_00.30.00_2014.03.23_19.25.20.jpg

dvd_snapshot_01.29.00_2014.03.23_19.27.09.jpg

How do these compare with your "Roan" DVD?

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
Tony Bensley said:
How do these compare with your "Roan" DVD?
The Roan DVD definitely has more clarity and the colors are a bit more vivid.

Fox's MOD program has given us a stunning transfer of a popular PD title Beneath The 12 Mile Reef and Warners has given a gorgeous transfer of another PD title The Last Time I Saw Paris so I wouldn't give up hope. The two PD titles I'd most like to see Warners put out are Father's Little Dividend and Life With Father. Here's hoping someone is listening to us!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks