What's new

Warner announces Forbidden Planet for November (1 Viewer)

FrankXS

Second Unit
USA Today had a short snippet in Life section that Warners would release two different versions of Forbidden Planet, one for about $28 the other for about $60. This will be mid-November.

GlennWD

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Glenn DelRossi
I wonder what on earth will be on the $60 set, I hope there is another free poster offer. I cant wait. Great News

seanOhara

Supporting Actor
For $60, I'd hope they include a model of Robbie the Robot -- I can't think of anything else to justify the price.

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member
Great news! This calls for a tri-banana salute.

htf_images_smilies_banana.gif
htf_images_smilies_dance.gif
htf_images_smilies_rock.gif

Martin_T

Stunt Coordinator
I already have the old version, but I am sure to double dip for the new 2 disc Collector's Edtion.

Art_AD

Stunt Coordinator
Some Specs per Variety:
Warner Home Video is expected to announce today that what many film historians consider the most influential sci-fi film ever made will arrive Nov. 14 in two DVD editions: a two-disc special edition and an ultimate collector's edition. For both editions, the movie, in a new widescreen version, has been digitally transferred from restored film and audio elements, while the soundtrack has been remastered in Dolby Digital 5.1.

Extras include commentaries, additional scenes, three documentaries and two subsequent programs featuring the movie's celebrated Robby the Robot: the 1958 MGM feature film "The Invisible Boy" and the "Robot Client" episode from TV's "The Thin Man."

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou

htf_images_smilies_dance.gif

[bites fist] Can't we have it now and forget about the "we're releasing it in November" malarkey! :D

Whoa really can't wait for this, so Invisible Boy is a bonus movie than? Nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks