What's new

Warner and their "flat comedies"... (1 Viewer)

William Waits

Stunt Coordinator
A while back in a Warner Chat, Warner asked the participates if we wanted their "flat comedies" released in widescreen format. We responded in the chat with a resounding HELL YEAH!!!

I think personally, as a result of that chat, we have been blessed with widescreen releases of the non-OAR Vaction series moves, and to a lesser degree, Space Jam.

Now, I gues the question to be asked now is what "flat comedy" movie(s) need to be addressed. Personally, I would REALLY like to have a Spies Like Us, Arthur, and Michael.

What are others that need to be addressed as such?

Scott D S

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott Saslow
I'd buy a widescreen Spies Like Us. Another title that needs to be corrected is Police Academy. However, since next year is Police Academy's 20th Anniversary and, in their last chat, WB indicated that the other Police Academy films were "on the way", I'd like to think WB is planning something, but that's just wishful thinking.

Nothing But Trouble is another title but, in the chat, the WB reps said there were no plans to revisit it.

James L White

Supporting Actor
WB titles comedies or not that need WS reissues

Spies Like Us
Funny Farm
With Honors
Police Academy
Ace Ventura Pet Detective

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
I'm not sure if these are all Warner's, but they're all comedies that have only been released in pan & scan :frowning:

Funny Farm
Grumpy Old Men
Grumpier Old Men
Kindergarten Cop
My Blue Heaven
The Jerk

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
If they revisited Vegas Vacation as a 16x9 version, I think any of their old pan & scan discs could be revisited.

They're making good progress, though. Just in the last 1/2 of the year, they've re-released 4 titles in widescreen form for the first time on DVD. (The 3 Vacation remasters and A Christmas Story: SE)

Chuck West

Stunt Coordinator
Grumpy Old Men
Grumpier Old Men
Police Academy Parts 1-6
Ace Ventura: Pet Detective

I would buy all of these if they were 16x9.

Andrew Bunk

Screenwriter
For me:

Ace Ventura
Funny Farm
Grumpy Old Men
My Blue Heaven

George,

Kindergarten Cop is unfortunately a Universal title. Can't believe that hasn't bee reissued 16x9 yet.

john mcfadden

Stunt Coordinator
Man with 2 brains
Grumpy old men
Grumpier old men
Ace ventura
Purple rain (not a comedy i know but its full screen )

Steve_Knutzen

Screenwriter
I'd buy Man With Two Brains, My Blue Heaven and Spies Like Us in a second if they were re-released in widescreen.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
The two Grumpy Old Men flicks and the entire Police Academy series are at the top of my list. Purple Rain is another good thought. Arthur, My Fellow Americans, Doc Hollywood, Exit to Eden, Stroker Ace, and even Cannonball Run II would all get purchases from me if re-released in OAR. I'm sure I'm forgetting tons more at the moment.

William Waits

Stunt Coordinator
I TOTALLY forgot about Police Academy... Yes... I would buy that as well... (It is easy to forget what you want a replacement for when you don't have the original: No OAR = No Sale!) Ace Ventura is New Line Cinema... Maybe Warner can give those guys a bump on the elbow...

Kindergaden Cop and Happy Gilmore need revisiting, but they are Universal... Now we are sliding from the Warner titles...

MarcusUdeh

Supporting Actor
Warner please don't forget to give the OAR re-release treatment to Burglar '87.

BTW, Would you guys mind giving the film a digital intermediate facelift along with the enhanced anamorphic
picture.

Scott Temple

Supporting Actor
Warner Bros.

Arthur
Fair Game (1995, Cindy Crawford)*not a comedy, but still...
Grumpy Old Men
Grumpier Old Men
Nothing But Trouble

Universal

Happy Gilmore

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks