What's new

Warner 2nd Chat for Animation & TV Product scheduled for June 6th. See Post#42! (1 Viewer)

Tory

-The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-
Real Name
Tory

In some ways, older films of comedy and probably action too do not get the attention they deserve either and Warner owns a many that need boxset series.

.I have some serious issues with the current animation problems, I think they may be suffering through a change of power right now too. This change of power does worry me as Looney Tunes were not to be discussed in the feature film chat, it left the impression that they have fallen under another division's power.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
....and please, per all HTF chat guidelines, no further questions
(suggested or otherwise) to the studio in this thread.

We want Warner to come to the table without a totally preconceived
notion of what questions are going to be thrown to them.

Thanks!

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
Shouldn't we be hearing news on this year's Looney Tunes collection soon?

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
yes time to dust this off and start seeing what we can get out of the animation department

sorry to have been away

Joe:C

Second Unit
There are a few animated shows I've been wondering about. This should be an interesting chat.

Eric Peterson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric Peterson
I'm trying my best to think optimistically about this chat, but it's a real struggle.

Without a clearcut answer about the T&J debacle, then this will be a complete waste of time to me, and considering the previous attitudes about this issue, I'm not holding out much hope.

I'm hope like hell that I'm wrong.

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
I'd like to take a moment to thank HTF for hosting this and to Warner Animation/TV for their willingness to participate. They are under no obligation to so (and frankly Warners is the only studio that takes time to speak with their consumers in this manner). It will be an enjoyable evening, and I wish to express my appreciation ahead of time.

Steve

Seth.H

Agent

Agree completely. I joined this forum about a month ago and I was absolutely blown away when i read the transcript for the chat on February. I couldn't believe a major studio would discuss up and coming DVD releases!!

Daniel-C

Stunt Coordinator

Warner Bros. has the rights to these Filmation toons:

1. The New Adventures of Superman (1966)
2. The Adventures of Superboy (1966)
3. Aquaman (1967)
4. The Adventures of Batman (1968)
5. Shazam! (1974)
6. The New Adventurs of Batman (1977)

These ones I know because Warner owns DC Comics.

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
you cant automatically assume that they own them, that is one of the biggest delays in adam west tv series, yes wb does own dc, but there might have been something like the 60's tv series, now if they own all the filmation material, maybe we will get the adventures of tarzan as well

TonyaE

Auditioning
Real Name
Tonya Breeden
Well we can hope they have some good news regarding Tom and Jerry at least.
Maybe they will get some on HDDVD or BlueRay disc once one or both starts to take off.

TonyaE

Auditioning
Real Name
Tonya Breeden
Hopefully after the Tom and Jerry DVD debacle they will see that we do want unedited animation!!!

StuartK

Grip
I'm hoping to attend the chat, but Tuesday is my son's baseball night, so time will be very limited.

Just in case I can't make it, would someone here be willing to bring up Twice Upon a Time? It was released on VHS and Laserdisc, but has since been out of print.

Given the some of the names that worked on the film (David Fincher, Harley Jessup, Henry Selick) and that is was produced by George Lucas, I'd hope they's want to release it. And for any fan of animation, its a must see. Would be especially great if they would include the original HBO edit, with the slightly bluer language.

One more thing: The film was released on laser in 4:3, but my guess is that its original aspect ratio was closer to 1.66:1 or 1.85:1. IMDB doesn't list the AR. Does any one know what the correct AR for the film was??

Thanks,

Stuart Kazanow

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
PS - Does the chatroom only allow you access at the scheduled time tomorrow?

I've been trying to log in for the past 10 minutes or so, and after waiting a ridiculously long time for the chat window to load, I've received the following message:

[07:44] Unable to connect : java.security.AccessControlException : access denied (java.net.SocketPermission irc.shadowfire.org resolve)

:frowning:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks