What's new

War of the Worlds damaged my SVS! (1 Viewer)

Paul Mor

Stunt Coordinator
This is for the PB12 Plus/2 correct? I swear I read every word in the manual I have and didn't see this. Anyway, guess I better make some adjustment when I get home today. I think I'd cry if I damaged it.

To make sure I set it up correctly, what should the settings be on the subsonic filter in relation to how many plugs I have? The settigns are 25Hz, 20HZ, 16Hz and Bypass. Are these settigns even related to the plugs? Probably dumb questions, but I know this info is not in the manual I have. I was trying to use common sense, which I obviously don't have:)

Thanks for the help and sorry to hijack the thread!

Paul

Paul Mor

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks tim. Extremely helpful!! Also an interesting read about my new sub...though I haven't read it all yet.

Charles-T

Agent

This isn't necessarily always the case.

I have the Pioneer Elite VSX-54TX powering a pair of '79 Klipsch Cornwalls. I just got my new subs in today which are a pair of Earthquake SuperNova MkIV-10's.

Anyway, to get to the point of this, I am playing my system at whisper levels right now (it's almost 1AM) and the subs are still putting out enough bass to blend in perfectly with the Cornwalls, and the K77 tweeters are putting out just the right amount of highs as well.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that no matter how loud or how quiet I play my system, it still sounds the same... Just evenly quieter or louder throughout the entire frequency range.

Also, I have always found that after calibrating my system with the MCACC, it usually has my sub dialed in way too low. I then have to use my Rat Shack SPL meter to get the sub(s) back up near the main channels.

Just my 2 cents.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks