What's new

Wanting to tape old out dated VHS tapes to DVD's !!!!!! (1 Viewer)

GlenRF

Agent
I am new to the whole DVD recorder thing I am wanting to get rid of all the old VHS taped shows and put them on DVD.. the thing I am wanting to know is 1. how hard will this be and 2. what will be needed for this. right now my setup is this I have a 48 inch mits. WS-48311, Pioneer progressive DVD Player, Hughes HTL-HD from Dtv, RCA 5.1 surround sound system, and a VCR I think it is a year old dont know what kind of plugins it has in the back. I am also going to be getting a Tivo unit within the next couple of months so tat will be replacing the VCR. thanks for the help .

Dave-P

Agent
GlenRF--
Here's my setup: JVC SVHS/MiniDV VCR (HRDVS3) and a Sony RDR-GX7 DVD recorder. The JVC VCR has a firewire output so I am able to dub all of my old VHS to the DVD recorder through the Firewire output. No generational loss. I also have a Sony GV-D200 Digital 8 VCR (with Firewire). All in all, I can dub VHS, SVHS, MiniDV, 8mm, Hi-8mm, and Digital 8 through Firewire. The only thing that I can't dub that way is my Beta/SuperBeta.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks