What's new

Want to know why the Airlines are going bankrupt? (1 Viewer)

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I'd rather travel by train. But I'm just silly that way, prefering speed, reliability, comfort and cheapness.
Where do you find that in the U.S.? My experience is that trains are slow and expensive. I've thought about taking the train home for Xmas, but flying is still far more convenient. (if we had a Euro-quality railway, I'd use it. But we don't, so I can't)

Jeff Adkins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Adkins
This thread got me thinking about something. One of my best friends is a roadie for the band ANTHRAX. Thus, I have numerous T-shirts from the band. I wonder if I were to wear one of those shirts to the airport if I would be harrassed in the same manner. I wonder if they would be able to realize it was just a band. Also, what happens when they go on tour in January and their gear is being flown from JFK to LAX? All of the gear is packed in units that say "Anthrax" all over. I have a feeling it will be a problem, but we'll see.
Jeff

AdrianJ

Supporting Actor
Also, what happens when they go on tour in January and their gear is being flown from JFK to LAX? All of the gear is packed in units that say "Anthrax" all over. I have a feeling it will be a problem, but we'll see.
I always thought that the major gear for concerts was shipped by truck from site to site and not by plane. I would assumed that they might add to the the Anthrax logo to say something like Anthrax the band. It's unfortunate because Anthrax is a very good live band and you have to wonder what touring will be like for them. I was extremely disappointed when they were kicked off the Motley Cure/Megadeth tour last year.
------------------
photo11.jpg

Adrian Jones

Bobby T

Supporting Actor
Airline captains make over $200,000 a year on average. Another problem with the airlines is the ceos making several hundred thousands a year are laying off instead of taking pay cuts themselves.
A lot of ands send their equipment U.P.S. and Fed Ex.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks