What's new

Walt Disney Treasures: Wave Six - 12/19/2006 (1 Viewer)

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
I actually enjoy most of Leonard Maltin's intros to the non-pc films, because at least he adds some insight and interesting historical context (as was mentioned) as opposed to someone like Whoopi Goldberg who just comes accross as annoying, condescending and out of place.

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
I don't recall ever having a problem skipping the intros. Which set in particular are you referring to? I could double-check, but I'm almost certain I can skip or fast-forward or whatever on my player.

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
So is there a good reason why we're almost a week to October and no official press release has been issued yet?

I'd like to see a full list of contents and features already!!

Joe Lugoff

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe
Do you guys know if the cartoons were censored in the American laserdisc collection "The Compleat Tex Avery?"

I remember a joke in a Droopy cartoon where dynamite went off and burned a dog black (I think it was Butch) and he immediately started talking in black dialect. Has that been cut out? If it's gone forever, it's a shame; it was really funny. (Sorry, it was.)

ScottR

Senior HTF Member
I am still disappointed with the first Donald Duck set. The annoying pops in most of the shorts is terrible.

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
Oops! That comment brought to my attention that I left a word out of my previous post. I meant to say a cigarette gag was removed.

Regards,

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S
UltimateDisney.com is reporting that the official press announcement for the next wave of titles has finally been released. There main news page describes the release with the following

Adam_S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam_S
Hard to get excited for this wave except for the Silly Symphonies, I wish we'd gotten Donald three instead of the Hardy boys or host sets.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell

I always think the same, then end up being pleasantly surprised by the one that look dull. I wasn't all that keen on the "Spin & Marty" & "Elfago Baca" sets on the last wave, yet they were both really good. (swamp fox sort of sucked.)

Kajs

Second Unit
Real Name
Kurt
Anyone else seem to care that "Disneyland's 10th Anniversary" show was already on the Disneyland USA DVD? Maybe this one will actually be unedited.

Real Name
John S. Troutman
Early word is that the 10th special IS, in fact, unedited. Given, "early word" has been wrong before.

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
Amazon's description/review of Silly Symphonies Vol. 2:

Just can't wait. One more month!

Traveling Matt

Supporting Actor
Does anyone know if this wave has been reviewed yet? I'm eagery looking forward to SS and Pluto, but will not purchase either unless they've been remastered.

Adam_S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam_S
traditionally, no one bothers reviewing the entire wave, except for an occasional review at DVD file or David Boulet, since David is working for DVDFile now, I'd be checking that site.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks