What's new

Walt Disney Treasures Wave 7 - 12/11/07 (1 Viewer)

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I guess they went with the "Must-Own Stunning Gold Tin Packaging" since it's the least known property. I think it looks kinda nice but I'm sure some people will have a fit because they changed the color and it won't look like the same when they spend hours gazing at the DVDs on their shelves. :)

Joe Lugoff

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe
It calls Donald Duck "perhaps the most prolific of Walt's Fab Five." Three others of a Fab Five would be Mickey, Goofy and Pluto -- who's the fifth? Are they counting Chip and Dale as one?

Adam_S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam_S
Only 30 Donald Duck Toons? Are they planning on five instead of four sets. Oy.

Deepak Shenoy

Supporting Actor

That seems to be just about the right number cause it leave another 30 some shorts for V4. Why do you think they will need a 5th volume ?

-D

Adam_S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam_S
:p because I wasn't counting, I just thought the number was too low and would needlessly stretch the series, like two pluto volumes.

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S

I don't hate it but it's always nice to have symmetry especially when your collection is a predominant part of a room. But I'll take it either way. Heck, they could package it in a broken CD case with a poorly handwritten title and I'd still buy it.

Jeff Jacobson

Senior HTF Member

Since they only label the front of the cases, this will be the only one that will be identifiable without taking it off of the shelf.

streeter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
I left the blue bands around mine so I could identify those from the spines. Unfortunately, they stopped using those :frowning:

Traveling Matt

Supporting Actor

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S
The last volume of Donald definitely didn't look restored in comparison to what we've come to expect with other Treasure releases.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
The first volume of Donald was restored. The second was not. In fact, two on the second volume looked like they could have been 1980s era laserdisc masters.

Steven Wesley

Second Unit
Real Name
Steve
Alright, boys and girls, Wave 7 arrived yesterday. What are your thoughts?

I picked up all 3 sets, but haven't had a chance to really go through them with any depth. I have been impressed, however, with the new soundtracks done for the Oswald cartoons. Very enjoyable! :)

Reagan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Reagan
I've watched the Peoples and Places piece on Disneyland and it looks great. Obviously, a new transfer. Anamorphic. Also has a music only track.

-Reagan

Marco S

Stunt Coordinator
The People and Places piece on Disneyland is the gem. I've been watching it over and over and over again.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks