What's new

Walt Disney Treasures Wave 7 - 12/11/07 (1 Viewer)

David*W

Agent

Well the official status was that 11 still remained (although some only still exist in the collections of private owners, so I believe).

Trolley Troubles: Yes
Oh Teacher: Yes
The Mechanical Cow: Yes
Great Guns: Yes
All Wet: Yes
The Ocean Hop: Yes
The Banker’s Daughter: Lost
Empty Socks: Lost
Rickety Gin: Lost
Harem Scarem: Lost
Neck ‘n’ Neck: Lost
The Ol’ Swimmin’ ‘Ole: Lost
Africa Before Dark: Lost
Rival Romeos: Yes
Bright Lights: Yes
Sagebrush Sadie: Lost
Ride ‘Em Plowboy!: Lost
Ozzie Of The Mounted: Lost
Hungry Hoboes: Lost
Oh, What A Knight: Yes
Sky Scrappers: Yes
The Fox Chase: Yes
Tall Timber: Lost
Sleigh Bells: Lost
Poor Papa: Lost
Hot Dog: Lost

It doesn't seem much to fill 2 discs, although hopefully they'll be a really good in depth doc, maybe about an hour. Although who knows, maybe some of the lost ones may have turned up and they're keeping it quiet.

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S
My expectations are mitigated by the past couple releases but I'm still looking forward to completing the Donald set and adding Oswald the Rabbit for it's rarity factor and historical significance.

Brenton

Screenwriter
I'm detecting a jaded attitude about this. Haha. I get the impression that a lot of you have "emotionally 'checked out'" on the Treasures series.

Personally, I'm not bothered by the unrestored volumes because I didn't already own (on some previous format) the cartoons on those volumes before I bought them, and I have never even seen about 98% of them. I'm just glad to have access to them. Hypothetically, if I had choice in the matter, of course I would opt for restored instead of unrestored. But to be honest, picture quality is the last thing on my mind when I'm watching them (I'll be the first to admit I'm not a PQ-buff) and it could never stop me from buying them and getting utmost enjoyment out of them.

That being said, I will definitely get Donald, and probably get Oswald. I'll be passing on the other one, as I have passed on ALL of the non-animation sets.

Jeff Reis

Stunt Coordinator
So did they already give up on the Legacy line?
Oswald is shown to be a future release in that series on the True Life Adventures discs.

Not that I want any more of that film-can packaging, that is.

And another Disneyland set? Are we ever gonna see anything on Walt Disney World?

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Glad to hear the series is continuing, although what I really want to see is another volume of Tomorrowland - still my favorite of the Treasures series.

Charles Ellis

Senior HTF Member
One question though: if Spin & Marty can merit their own set, why not Annette Funicello's Annette from The Mickey Mouse Club? Considering all that she did for the Disney organization, she deserves a special set of her own, preferably a boxed set of her Disney films and the Annette episodes!!

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Yay! :D

Depending what's on the DL set, I'll probably be in for all three. Heck, I'll probably just be in for all three anyway...although I, also, have not just blindly picked up EVERY one of these releases.

No completist, I! ;)

Adam_S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam_S
I don't really need restored versions of the cartoons, ala Looney Tunes, I would like them to make a new telecine of their current film elements, because reusing old laserdisc tape elements for the dvd of donald v2 & rarities was pathetic and inexcusable--and a substantial drop in quality from all the prior animated releases, few of which had undergone substantial restoration.

My guess is that the Legacy series did not sell well at all for Disney and they've realized that the Treasures are still a powerful branding tool, and there's no reason to rebrand to a less successful line. I imagine, like the ill fated (and magnificent) Vault Disney series we will never see another Legacy series release.

Adam

WadeM

Supporting Actor
At http://www.cartoonbrew.com/ they are reporting that the Oswald DVD will include Leslie Iwerks documentary about her grandfather Ub, The Hand Behind The Mouse. I never knew that documentary existed--he certainly deserved one.

AndrewR

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Andrew Rubio

That is so awesome! It's only been previously available on VHS. I was hoping it would be released on DVD one day.

Ron68

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Ron
I wouldn't mind seeing an Annette set. I can see why Spin & Marty got one, besides being realy good, the serial was extremely popular during it's original rum. On the DVD, it was said that the show got more fanmail than Fess Parker's Davy Crocket series.

serenapowell

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Serena
I'd love an Annette set.... Of course I'd love the Complete Mickey Mouse Club even more! I guess there isn't much chance of our seeing any releases beyond "Week One", now that segments like Spin & Marty have been extracted for DVD release... but I sure would like to see all the episodes with all the animated and live-action bits intact, the way they originally aired in the '50s. I'm not satisfied with seeing just the first week! After all, the Mickey Mouse Club was a huuuuge success, and I believe it's still remembered and beloved. Also historically valuable as an example of the early days of TV. It was all before my time but I find it fascinating. :) Deserves to be preserved on DVD! I love Disney animation, but I'm just as interested in the live-action output from Walt's era - I've been buying every Treasures release. I'd love to see more of the Disneyland show/Wonderful World Of Colour/Disney on DVD as well...

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
Just started collecting some of these sets myself, and glad to hear that another wave is coming. Although the Donald Duck one is the only one that I'm interested in.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
This is cool news. The toons are great, the price is right, and I;m not going to bitch about remastering on a wave I haven't watched.

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member
Leonard Maltin posted this on his website (www.leonardmaltin.com :

"I’m also on deadline for a new wave of Walt Disney Treasures. Last year the folks at Walt Disney Home Video had assured me that our series was over. Naturally I was disappointed, but I could scarcely complain, having had a successful six-year run. Then, just a short time ago, they decided that the Treasures would be a natural outlet for two projects that were already in the pipeline: the first-ever collection of Walt Disney’s silent Oswald, the Lucky Rabbit cartoons, with newly-commissioned music scores by Robert Israel, and a new feature-length documentary about Disneyland prepared for the park’s 50 th anniversary. Oswald will be accompanied by Leslie Iwerks’ feature about her grandfather Ub, The Hand Behind the Mouse, and the Disneyland doc will be supplemented by a number of vintage shorts and TV shows about the park—including some genuine rarities. Add to that Volume 3 of The Chronological Donald [Duck, that is] and you have our three newest volumes, which will be released on December 11. More details to come."

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
Hmm, that makes it sound like it's a case of "We may as well put out one last wave, and throw in Donald 3 while we can." Which doesn't encourage much hope for a wave next year with Donald 4.

Unless they do eventually decide to do Song of the South as a Treasures release.

PaulP

Senior HTF Member

Well actually the Treasures sets have contained The Reluctant Dragon and Victory Through Air Power - both theatrically released feature films.

roven97

Grip
Real Name
Phil
I also would like to see the old Disneyland show as well. Aside from some of the stuff that has been released already, there are all the Adventureland, Fantasyland, Frontierland eps. The Tomorrowland set was nice, but let's complete it all. Of course we don't need the eps. that were actually just films broken into two and such, but getting all the original bumpers, etc would be very nice.

Also, a second War collection would be nice. As well as the Figaro shorts. And another Silly Symphony set also.

roven97

Grip
Real Name
Phil
Also, I forgot to mention that a People and Places series would be nice to tie into the True-Life discs. And how about Dr. Syn, and Zorro.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks