What's new

Walt Disney Treasures - in Canada (1 Viewer)

PatrickM

Screenwriter
Well, no Mickey Mouse Tin at the Futureshop in Coquitlam either. They do have the other three.

It appears that the tins are limited to 150000. The tins at Futureshop were in the 145000 or so. What were the serial #'s of the ones in your B&M's?

Patrick

Lance Nichols

Supporting Actor
It appears that the tins are limited to 150000. The tins at Futureshop were in the 145000 or so. What were the serial #'s of the ones in your B&M's?
At my local FS the two discs that I picked up (Disneyland and Silly Symphonies) were 145800 and 145796.

I am worried. I hope my reserved copy comes in at HMV. I will have to see if I can get a copy at the Eaton's Disney store put aside.

DavidY

Supporting Actor
A local Zellers store has the tins for $24.86 plus taxes. They had three of the four titles (Mickey Mouse was missing). Bought the Disneyland USA and Silly Symphonies. Passed on Davey Crockett....both numbered in the 139,000 and 140,000 range.

Dave

Gui A

Supporting Actor
The Eaton Centre Disney store was sold out of Mickey Mouse by 6:00. A manager said the shipment came in at 1:00, and that their stock of Silly Symphonies was stuck at the border. He didn't know when more would come in.

So then on my way home, I stopped at the Disney store at Fairview Mall (near DVP & 401, or Sheppard/Don Mills). They had 8 left after I bought mine at 8:30ish.

Michael Warner

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
I ordered all four from Playcentric, a Canadian company, and received all but Mickey yesterday. I wouldn't worry about Canada getting cut out of the loop on the Mickey discs as the Canadian releases are in different tins than the American releases (they have a small Canadian flag on the back) so they are likely from different print runs and, since those Canadian tins aren't supposed to be sold in the U.S. anyway, they're going to have to go to Canada eventually.

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
Canadian based DV Depot have yet to get the Mickey one in stock yet too. They have all the others...

Dan (UK)

Lance Nichols

Supporting Actor
I wouldn't worry about Canada getting cut out of the loop on the Mickey discs as the Canadian releases are in different tins than the American releases (they have a small Canadian flag on the back) so they are likely from different print runs and, since those Canadian tins aren't supposed to be sold in the U.S. anyway, they're going to have to go to Canada eventually.
Are you sure? The tins themselves have the numbers impressed on them, and not printed. Also the UPC is the same for the Canadian and US release. I am not saying you are wrong, but I suspect that the number relased includes ALL of region one.

Michael Warner

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
Are you sure? The tins themselves have the numbers impressed on them, and not printed. Also the UPC is the same for the Canadian and US release. I am not saying you are wrong, but I suspect that the number relased includes ALL of region one.
My original wording was a bit confusing. What I meant is that of the 150,000 tins "x" number are slotted for Canada as they have Canadian flags on the back, the "can only be sold in Canada" legalese, and the "colour" alternate spelling. All of mine are the Canadian releases and they are all numbered at 148,000 and up so it looks like Canada gets the tail end of the print run. I was just saying that not all of the Mickeys can be U.S. only as at least a few thousand are branded for sale up north.

And I just got a shipping notice for my Mickey tin so it looks like they're starting to arrive.

Mitty

Supporting Actor
I found the elusive Mickey tin today at Future Shop, Metrotown today. They had 3 left, one of which I purchased.

So, it does exist. The Broadway Future Shop didn't have any.

Happy hunting!

Chad E

Stunt Coordinator
I had been calling around on release date, and every place I checked only had three of the four... Mickey was missing in each case.
But I managed to find Mickey later that same day... at TOYS 'R US, of all places! Was there to do some Christmas shopping, and realized they had a video/DVD section, so decided to check it out... there were at least TEN copies of the Mickey tin available! Funny thing is... that was the ONLY one of the four they had! :)
Needless to say, I picked it up on the spot! And only C$24.99 too... less than Wal-Mart was charging! :)
Chad

Christian R

Agent
I got SILLY SYMPHONIES on Tuesday & MICKEY was delayed one day. Looks like I got lucky at Future Shop (and they price matched as well) These are great DVDs by the way - really happy with the transfers, extras, etc.

PatrickM

Screenwriter
Went to the local futureshop in Coquitlam today and they had the Mickey Mouse tins finally.

Jean Paul Villeneuve

Second Unit
My original wording was a bit confusing. What I meant is that of the 150,000 tins "x" number are slotted for Canada as they have Canadian flags on the back, the "can only be sold in Canada" legalese, and the "colour" alternate spelling. All of mine are the Canadian releases and they are all numbered at 148,000 and up so it looks like Canada gets the tail end of the print run. I was just saying that not all of the Mickeys can be U.S. only as at least a few thousand are branded for sale up north.
Michael is correct!

The last 15,000 copies of the print run is for the Canadian market.

Lance Nichols

Supporting Actor
I picked up my copy on Saturday Morning at Fairview Mall's Music World. Usually has a so-so collection, but they had one instock (thanks to my wife for finding it). I asked them to put it aside, as I checked out HMV and the Cinema Store, neither had the Mickey Mouse tin. HMV didn't even know when it was "going to be released". (Note to self, stick to the Flagship store).

So I went back and grabbed it at Music World. Seems to be a trickle of them coming in finally.

JohnN

Agent
Lance,

The Scarborough Future Shop(Eglington/Warden) had about a dozen of the Mickey Mouse tins in stock on Sunday. By then they were all out of the other 3.

Lance Nichols

Supporting Actor
Huh, guess it just goes to show you. LOL

Anyway, I got my copy, so I am happy. I hoppe that everyone who wants one can find a copy. I will keep my eyes open for those of you needing them.

chris_sharpe

Stunt Coordinator
I am a "clerk" at a local retailer (A&B Sound) and we got word last week that the Mickey tin was delayed to Dec. 11 in Canada because disney was unable to get it to all the retailers for the 4th.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks