What's new

Walt Disney Treasures - in Canada (1 Viewer)

Lance Nichols

Supporting Actor
Ok, so I stopped by the local Futureshop, somehting I plan on doing less now. They had three of the four Treasures tins out, missing the Mickey Mouse one. The excuse they gave me was it was pushed back a week. Anyone know about this? I suspect they were souting BS though.
I have noticed that since Best Buy bought them out, the selection is getting worse at this store. The only reason I used to frequent it was the in stock selection of Criterion Discs. Now, nearly zip, and they are no longer in their own section, but scattered about the isles.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
It may not be pushed back a week, but some retailers are getting the tins TODAY(dec 4th) something to do with the shipping. So if retailers are saying pushed back a week, they might just be saying untill the next DVD shipment comes.

Rob T

Screenwriter
Some of the discs at The Future Shop are way too expensive which is part of the reason that I hardly go there even though they always have lots of good discs. :frowning:

Chris Dale

Auditioning
At my local A&B Sound they had all the Treasures except Mickey Mouse. Future Shop didn't have any and the two people I talked to had never heard of them.

Rob W

Screenwriter
Real Name
Robert
Mickey wasn't available at Bay St Video or HMV in Toronto either.

Lance Nichols

Supporting Actor
I am not suprised that FS sales staff would not have heard of it. Heck, like I said, they used to have great selection of Criterion discs, now they don't even keep the recent ones (Rebecca) in the database.
/sarcasm
On the plus side they had MOUNDS of Pearl Harbour and Summer Catch.
/sarcasm

Tim RH

Second Unit
My local FutureShop only had the Disneyland "Treasures" DVD. So far anyway.

I have noticed that since Best Buy bought them out, the selection is getting worse at this store. The only reason I used to frequent it was the in stock selection of Criterion Discs. Now, nearly zip, and they are no longer in their own section, but scattered about the isles.
It's quite the opposite at my store. The Criterions used to be scattered about, but now they have their own section.

Lance Nichols

Supporting Actor
It's quite the opposite at my store. The Criterions used to be scattered about, but now they have there own section
GRRR. :)
I used to make a weekly pilgrimage to HMV on Yonge, but now live in Markham. Most of my Criterions are purchased online, or in a once every couple of months to the down town HMV. It has so much to tempt a guy with.

Lafe F

Second Unit
A&B in downtown Calgary only had 3 of the 4 discs - no Mickey Mouse either. What gives???

Gui A

Supporting Actor
Lance, I was at the 333 Yonge HMV store and while they did not have the Mickey Mouse tin, there was a space in between the other three where it would fit. (didn't ask anything about it, though. I'll check again tomorrow.)

...then I went to Futureshop on Eglinton and Warden, and one lackey told me they were sold out, and another one told me they only refill dvds on tuesday... I don't believe either statement. The Walmart next door only had Pearl Harbour as the new release, no Bill & Ted, Almost Famous or other Disney Tins.

Brian W.

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
I can't speak for Canada, but I frequently temp at Walt Disney STudios in Burbank, CA, and the store on the Disney lot had all the "Treasures" DVDs except Mickey, too. They told me it had been delayed, but I didn't ask how long.

Lance Nichols

Supporting Actor
Seems we have a bit of a mystery happening here. I am going to call up HMV at the downtown Yonge location and see if they know what is happening.
In related news:
I got home with my copies of Silly Symphonies and Disneyland and noted that the serial numbers were just three off from each other. If I had noticed at the store, I would have tried to get matching ones. :)
I am just afraid that the Mickey Mouse Tin has been allocated to the US only, and we poor Canadians will miss out. It and the Silly Symphonies are the two I really wanted. I am still trying to decide if I should get the Davey Crockett disc or not. The closest I have been to that series was I owned a Kentucky Headhunters CD (one of about 5 country discs) with a cover of the Ballad. Really, the only reason I would get it would be to have the complete set of four.
Just got off the phone with HMV's Flagship store, seems then have 11 on order, they were supposed to be there yesterday, but did not arrive. I have reserved a copy; I suspect they might be constrained here. Those who want one should reserve/order a copy.

ChristopherM

Stunt Coordinator
Canadian online store DVD Box Office dispatched the Silly Symphonies, Disneyland and DC tins to me all on the same day.

When I phoned them to query why the Mickey Mouse tin had been left off the emailed dispatch advice, they told me that they had not yet received it.

Dave Gilbert

Second Unit
Lance - If you live in Markham, try DVD Wave in Richmond Hill. It's on Leslie, one block north of 16th Ave (first plaza on left). Best prices in the GTA and they have a great selection of Criterion.

If you are looking for something in particular, you can also give them a call to save yourself a trip: 905.787.0600

Cheers,

Dave

Noel Sequeira

Auditioning
Just picked up a copy of Mickey Mouse Tin at the Eaton Center's Disney store for $26.99 CDN; not too bad.

They seems to have ~8 in.

Noel.

Lance Nichols

Supporting Actor
If you live in Markham, try DVD Wave in Richmond Hill. It's on Leslie, one block north of 16th Ave (first plaza on left). Best prices in the GTA and they have a great selection of Criterion
Thanks Dave. Someone had mentioned this place to me before from my office, but I had never heard of them, and put it in the back of my head. I work for CGI, at Steeles and 404, not too far away. Should check them out at lunch tomorrow.
Than being said, I have preordered from DVDEmpire the last discs I really want/need this year. Anything else might get duped on Christmas day, or max the credit card. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks