What's new

Wall unit speaker placement (1 Viewer)

Richard Moya

Stunt Coordinator
I recently purchased a new wall unit. It is the kind with 2 piers and a bridge across. I know my center will sit on the bridge above the television. The question is regarding my mains. There are 2 possible locations:
1.Shelves on each side of the piers that are above the listening area by about 2 feet. BTW, these are enclosed in all directions except the front.
2. Bottom shelves with doors that come with additional mesh panels. This suggests that the bottom are designed to have speakers placed inside. Im not a fan of either one, but I have no choice but to pick one.

Right now Im leaning toward the higher shelves. To me if a speaker is that low, the acoustics are just toast. Then again, Im a novice so Im only speculating.
Any ideas on which one and why would be great.

Thanks

Leon O

Stunt Coordinator
Locating your mains higher will hopefully put your tweeters closer to a straight line with the center channel tweeter. I would think that would lead to a more seamless front.

However, in either situation, I would think that you would want to get as much space as possible around the speakers, so that would be a consideration when locating other components & "stuff"

If it was me, I would connect the mains with long speaker wire and the experiment with different locations. Depending upon your mains, you might also experient with rear ports (I use socks).

Good Luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks