What's new

Wall Mounting speakers (1 Viewer)

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Ok, here is the deal:

I have some Infinity Alpha 10s I would like to wall mount. Now, these don't have any "key" or anything like that in the back of them, and have some heft to them.

What kind of brackets or system is available to wall mount regular bookshelves

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Correction on the weight; when received, I found them to be ~17lbs each. Hmm. I still haven't found anything on this anywhere.. anyone have any resources at all?

Rich A

Auditioning
I've used the "Omni-mounts" myself. They come with just about everything you need. Including wall anchor screws, etc. I also didn't have the keyhole option. I drilled the back and mounted the omni-mount with four very short and stout screws. Drill very carefully. I didn't drill all the way through, just enough to be able to get a screw started without splitting anything. Some speakers may have some acoustic material inside and if you aren't careful and you drill all the way through, the material will end up getting ripped and twisted onto the drill bit.

RandyWebb

Agent
I have the B-tech BT77's shown in the above Crutchfield link. I have the supporting a couple of Polk Audio RTI28's as surrounds and they work great (the 28's weigh 14 lbs each). Also since they are supported from the bottom..there is very little drilling into the speaker (one anchor screw, if I remember right).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks