What's new

Walking Dead Season 3 (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Also on "Talking Dead", they also brought out the prosthetic head/shoulders of T-Dog to show how they ripped out his throat. Pretty elaborate considering it's a scene of about 4-5 seconds.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Lou Sytsma said:
As far as Carol, she is dead.
Confirmed in an interview with the showrunner from The Hollywood Reporter
No, it's not. In that link, Kirkman says that "They definitely have not found [Carol's] body but have very good reason to believe she's dead..." and that moving forward, we'll see if
she's alive, dead or a walker.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Yeah, I don't get how this...
That implies that they believe that she's dead. We would never do a thing where, "Oh, they found her body and they buried it and we didn't make that clear." They definitely have not found her body, but have very good reason to believe she's dead because everything has happened that she is in fact dead. Whether or not they are going to find her body or they're going to find a zombie Carol or they're going to find a Carol alive, that is definitely a storyline that we'll be dealing with moving forward.
..confirms that she is dead? If anything it confirms that there isn't meant to be a definitive answer at this point.
Rick losing it, he is the leader of the group, and a police officer, but handled losing a loved one worse than anyone we have seen. The farmer daughters have lost more and they deal with it.
I think it's a combination of Rick feeling responsible for the fate of everyone in the group, most importantly his family, that he feels that he failed to protect his wife, that he feels that his decision on how he handled the prisoners earlier lead to this, and how he had been treating Lori for the past 8 months with now no chance to ever make things right again. It was a perfectly believable and excellently acted reaction to the situation.
So how do we know that the buddha-bellied walker ate Lori? Why did Rick assume that? Did I miss a clue?
Rick found the blood stains on the floor and the bullet (fired through Lori's head by Carl). There was a trail of blood that went from that spot over to where the bloated zombie was sitting. There were dark hairs still in the things mouth.

Dennis Castro

Second Unit
Lou Sytsma said:
It's a nice theory but the show has not established that. More scenes between Andrea and Michonne when they were on their own for 8 months was a missed opportunity to establish Michonne's character.
Also those walkers were caged so her kills required forethought.
As far as Carol, she is dead.
Confirmed in an interview with the showrunner from The Hollywood Reporter - http://tinyurl.com/aa94m9d
The relevant section is here -
Is Carol really dead? Did the group find her body? Lori's grave is still open as if they're going to stick her body in it. Daryl sticks a Cherokee Rose flower -- the same one that he gave to Carol when they were searching for Sophia.
That implies that they believe that she's dead. We would never do a thing where, "Oh, they found her body and they buried it and we didn't make that clear." They definitely have not found her body, but have very good reason to believe she's dead because everything has happened that she is in fact dead. Whether or not they are going to find her body or they're going to find a zombie Carol or they're going to find a Carol alive, that is definitely a storyline that we'll be dealing with moving forward.
Her character is clearly established by her actions. The facial expressions, her clothes, her dread locks and bandana, the way she carries herself and by the way she looks. The fact that she needs her weapon and that weapon is a katana sword that she uses efficiently and effectively. That combined with her first appearance the last episode of season 2 tells us all we need to know about Michone at this point.
Michone is a warrior that needs to fight and survive.
It's clearly established that Michone had taken on the warrior mentality. She dosen't feel complete without her sword. It's become part of her being. You can see that when she takes it out of the cabnet and puts it on.
It's also clear that she's addicted to the rush of survival and killing walkers. That scene was not gratuitous. Michone needed to do that. It felt good and natural to her and that's shown by her facial expression.
That scene tells us a lot about where her head is at.
Plus it was pretty damn cool..

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
I really feel like a missed something with the notebook. I don't get what conclusion Michonne is drawing from the list of names. And were the following pages a tally of something? Or was it just a, "All-work-and-no-play-make-Jack-a-dull-boy" crazy-repetition thing?
Were the names of people they lost, followed by a slash for each safe-day? Like an " 'X' Days Since Our Last Accident" board?
I don't know if that's right, or what Michonne thought/saw that freaked her out. "OMG! LINES!!"

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
joshEH said:
I really feel like a missed something with the notebook. I don't get what conclusion Michonne is drawing from the list of names. And were the following pages a tally of something? Or was it just a, "All-work-and-no-play-make-Jack-a-dull-boy" crazy-repetition thing?
Were the names of people they lost, followed by a slash for each safe-day? Like an " 'X' Days Since Our Last Accident" board?
I don't know if that's right, or what Michonne thought/saw that freaked her out. "OMG! LINES!!"
If I was Michonne and already didn't trust The Governor, I would find a list of names unsettling but even with that paranoia at work, I'd think it could be as simple as a list to remember those who have died.
On a different note, I find The Governor's explanation of the walker fights to be somewhat reasonable. The people would be bored & need a release and while they should have a healthy respect for the walkers, I don't know if being terrified of them would be a great idea either.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
I think it was definitely an All-work-and-no-play moment. Michonne probably flashed to The Shining and reached the conclusion that all of the Governor's dogs weren't barking. The list was innocent enough by itself, but the entries in the journal after Penny shows a disconnect. She was fishing for the answer by mentioning Penny but drew the wrong conclusion. If that was all she was operating upon then perhaps she would not go there, but combined with her paranoia and distrust and the evidence of the National Guard trucks her instincts were spot on.
- Walter.

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
I have to say, when the zombie apocalypse goes down, I'm going to want a razor sharp samurai sword.
Seems like the best weapon to have in that situation.
Guns are nice but ammo is scarce, a bow/crossbow is too slow to reload unless you're Legolas with his bow. Then again you would need the arrows/bolts.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
On "Talking Dead" last week Gale Anne Hurd seemed pretty vague about Carol, not wanting to give anything away.
Either that same episode or the one from Nov. 11, one of the guests also had sort of a Freudian slip and mentioned Carol's grave. Could all be a setup, guess we wait and see.
Haven't read the comic books, but according to many of the guests on "Talking Dead" they are definitely diverging from the story, so I wouldn't put a lot of faith in them sticking to the original story.

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Dennis Castro said:
Michone needed to do that. It felt good and natural to her and that's shown by her facial expression.
Plus it was pretty damn cool..
Is that not the definition of gratuitous?
I agree it looked cool.
But as a non-reader of the comic book, someone dressing up and looking badass does not constitute character creation for me. That is just a look. I may be slow or old school or both - :) but the show has done very little to flesh out the Michonne character.
How did she become the character she is now? What was she like and/or doing before the Walkers came on the scene? What is her motivation? What is she thinking and feeling beyond her visible expressions at any given moment?
So far all I have gotten from her is that she is a walking scowl with a penchant for swinging her sword at any opportunity.

Michael Henry

Second Unit
Real Name
J. Michael Henry
Lou Sytsma said:
I agree it looked cool.
But as a non-reader of the comic book, someone dressing up and looking badass does not constitute character creation for me. That is just a look. I may be slow or old school or both - :) but the show has done very little to flesh out the Michonne character.
How did she become the character she is now? What was she like and/or doing before the Walkers came on the scene? What is her motivation? What is she thinking and feeling beyond her visible expressions at any given moment?
So far all I have gotten from her is that she is a walking scowl with a penchant for swinging her sword at any opportunity.
Be careful - you might give the creators an idea for character flashbacks a la "Lost"...doh!

Dennis Castro

Second Unit
Michael Henry said:
Be careful - you might give the creators an idea for character flashbacks a la "Lost"...doh!
Lou Sytsma said:
I agree it looked cool.
How did she become the character she is now? What was she like and/or doing before the Walkers came on the scene? What is her moti
vation? What is she thinking and feeling beyond her visible expressions at any given moment?
Dale
Glen
Carol
T-Dog
We never really got any type of the development that you speak for these characters save for maybe a few lines.
You can develop a character without using a lot of flash backs. Too much of that type of exposition and we have "Lost" with Zombies. No one wants that! LOL!
The way a character dresses, speaks, facial reactions, relationships with other characters and their actions can give us a window into who a character is and what motivates him/her. In Michone's case as with several others we are given just a little bit and then it's left up to our own imaginations to fill in the rest. We have to do a little work on our own. I find that much more interesting instead of having everything all laid out for us.
The season is not over. If the story requires that we know something specific about Michone's past I'm sure that we'll get it.

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Dennis Castro said:
Dale
Glen
Carol
T-Dog
We never really got any type of the development that you speak for these characters save for maybe a few lines.
You can develop a character without using a lot of flash backs. Too much of that type of exposition and we have "Lost" with Zombies. No one wants that! LOL!
The way a character dresses, speaks, facial reactions, relationships with other characters and their actions can give us a window into who a character is and what motivates him/her. In Michone's case as with several others we are given just a little bit and then it's left up to our own imaginations to fill in the rest. We have to do a little work on our own. I find that much more interesting instead of having everything all laid out for us.
The season is not over. If the story requires that we know something specific about Michone's past I'm sure that we'll get it.
Dale, Glen, and Carol had enough scenes where they active in to be established as characters.
T-Dog's handling was disgraceful.
I agree with your points about not having to lay everything out but Michonne is still too opaque at this point in the season which is near the midpoint.

Dennis Castro

Second Unit
Well Lou.
We may have a bit of a difference of opinion but there is one thing I think we can agree on and it's the most important..
This is a great freaking show!

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Lou Sytsma said:
I agree with your points about not having to lay everything out but Michonne is still too opaque at this point in the season which is near the midpoint.
Not even sure opaque is the word I would use, just one dimensional might fit better.
Bad ass bitch with an attitude problem.
Came into this series about midpoint in season two, so may be missing something, but not one of my favorite characters. She seems to sense something is wrong with the Governor's piece of paradise, but no reason why she distrusts things so much and wants out so badly. Bit by bit we're learning more, so I'll just wait and see what they do with her.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I kind of thought Hersch was going to dick out when Rick said, "She looks like you" to Carl. "She looks like Shane!"
I liked the phone bit about as much as I did in the comics, which wasn't much. I don't care that much for Andrea, so overall, not a favorite.
Someone with editing skills should do a Floyd mashup:
"Hello..?"
"Yes, a collect call for Mrs. Floyd from Mr. Floyd.
Will you accept the charges from United States?"
"Oh, He hung up! That's your residence, right? I wonder why he hung up?
Is there supposed to be someone else there besides your wife there to answer?"
"Hello?"
"This is United States calling, are we reaching...
"See he keeps hanging up, and it's a man answering."

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Michone's message to Merl was great. "Go back". Classic.
I had a feeling that the phone was just Rick loosing it. Glad they didn't draw that out and did what they wanted to with it in just the one episode.
Poor Andrea just seems to be drawn to the wrong type of man, but I can kinda understand being drawn to strong men in this dog eat dog world.
Loved seeing Michone standing outside the fence holding the basket of formula with all the walkers around. I think she and Rick will make a good team.
Carol's alive! Some were already writing her off even though we never had any real proof she was dead. Good for her!
So each group is now going to be aware of the other. This won't end well.
What are the chances of both Maggie and Glen getting out of Woodbury alive? I think this season is going to have an even higher body count, from our group, than last season.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks