What's new

Walked out? (1 Viewer)

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Great question!

Two flicks.

Bedknobs and Broomstick. More of a drive out. :D It was at the drive in and the film was giving the dude in the booth problems (or maybe he was just making out with the consessions girl and didn't noticed the top half of Angela Landsbury was on the bottom and the bottom on the top.

Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1974). Me and a buddy went and bragged about how awesome it was. We left when he claims his first victim. I think my buddy only left because I wanted to. It's now years later and I absolutely love TCM. Unnerving, gets under your skin, etc. :eek:

We almost walked out of many. For my mom's birthday me and her went to Chu Chu & the Philly Flash. She loves Burnett. But that was damn painful for both of us.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
My mom fell asleep in the theater during Lemony Snicket and started snoring. We woke her up and she watched the rest and talked about how much she enjoyed the movie. :D I thought the film was mediocre and nearly went to sleep on it myself. Same thing happened with King Kong (which I love now) and Harry Potter 4 (which I haven't had a revisit with yet). Others at home: Vertigo (still need to give it another chance) and Pirates of the Caribbean (took 3 viewings to stay awake and actually like the damn thing).

Jason_Els

Screenwriter
I went to see Pearl Harbor mostly to see The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring trailer and then sat through the first 10 minutes or so of Pearl Harbor. It was so rank, so disrespectful of the subject matter, I walked out. Tora! Tora! Tora! it wasn't.

It's embarassing but part way through Universal's special screening of Van Helsing at the last HTF meet, I walked out after I realized I had lost my wallet then discovered it in the goody bag. Ran into Seth's wife outside (who had also walked out) and we had a fine time chatting it up at the employee cafe next door while I had a smoke. Went back in for the last 10 minutes or so of the film out of sheer guilt about walking out on our host's entertainment, but dear heaven did it suck.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Haha. Good times. I think I was sitting next to Seth and like the suckers we were we stayed through the whole thing. Hmm...now I might bust out the complimentary screener we got to reminisce. :)

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
Likewise. I rarely go to the cinema nowadays, and when I do it's obviously something I'm keen to watch.

Years ago (when single) a bunch of friends and I went just about every Saturday to the movies to whatever was the new release (must have seen 50+ movies that year). Some were real stinkers, e.g. the Shaq O'Neal vanity project where he played a genie (Kazaam? Shazaam?), but since I was with a group I just kept quiet and stuck it out.

Memento is something that only makes sense if you watch start to finish, and probably even then needs to be re-watched. Fast-forward to the ending won't make any sense at all, especially since it's back-to-front anyway in the first place.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks