What's new

Walked out? (1 Viewer)

Josh.C

Second Unit
I hate walking out of a movie, because I am one frugal dude. But I can say that there are some that I just couldn't take, and had to call it quits on.

AI- Numero Uno on my all time biggest BUST list. I am still fuming mad that I paid money to go see that crap, and would like to pop Spielberg in the head for stamping his name on that feeble attempt of a movie. I loathe that movie.

Solo- I still don't remember how I got conned into going to this movie as a teenager. I was much less educated then, and today would automatically veto a viewing of any movie w/ Mario Van Peebles

The South Park Movie- I loved the cartoon, but the movie was just too much. I had to take a brain bath after that one.

Should have walked out:

Alexander- rode w/ a friend and he wouldn't leave, even though he hated it too.
Godzilla
Hulk
The Brother's Grimm

JC

DaveB

Stunt Coordinator
Walked out of Armageddon. Today, this movie in particular represents everything I hate about Hollywood.

Walked out of Message in a Bottle with Costner. Even my girlfriend (now wife) hated it. Not sure why we were there in the first place.

Films I wanted to walk out of but was (kind of) glad I stayed:

Pearl Harbor. It was so bad it took all of my strength to resist getting up and leaving. Luckily, there was some good action later on that was at least a spectacle if nothing else.

PJ's King Kong. The first hour or so was so insufferably bad I was on the verge of walking out. I'm glad I stayed as the film got MUCH better after Kong appeared.

Great Films I can't believe some of you walked out on :)

Batman Begins
The Sixth Sense

James@R

Second Unit

The second half of Battlefield: Earth is, arguably, one of the best sci-fi films of recent memory.

Okay, actually, B:E is one of the few "bad" movies that I couldn't even sit through on cable. IMO, that's even worse than walking out of a film. After all, when you purposely set out to watch a bad film at home, you fully expect it to suck. :D

Josh.C

Second Unit

I'm with you Dave. Everyone is entitled to have their own taste in movies, but I find it hard to believe anyone could walk out of either of those movies. I loved them both, and BB'S is in my top 15 of all time!

JC

Tarkin The Ewok

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brandon
I don't remember ever walking out of a movie. If I have, it would have been when I was too young to have a say in the matter.

Now, my radar for what I will like or dislike is pretty finely honed. If I'm unsure, I will wait for reviews from sources I trust or see it in the discount theater. Once I've spent the money to see a film, I will stick it out to the bitter end in the hopes that I'll see something that was worth the price of admission. At the very least, I'll walk out with an informed opinion.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Never walked out of a movie. But, came close twice.

-Took the kids to see Dana Carvey's "Master of Disguise". God did it suck. But, the kids liked it and was forced to sit through it. Luckily, it wasn't that long......which leads me too...

-"The Thin Red Line". Horrible. I figured it was a WW2 story and had a great cast. But, it was awful. And everytime you thought it was going to end...It kept going and going and going....

Aaron Reynolds

Screenwriter
Real Name
Aaron Reynolds
Never walked out... fell asleep during the "action packed finale" of Folks, starring Tom Selleck, which is by far the worst film I've ever seen.

I shut off the Jackson King Kong remake, which I had rented. I put it back on the next day but couldn't finish it.

Scott Simonian

Screenwriter
Can't say Ive ever walked out of a movie. They are WAY too expensive to walk out on. Plus, Im usually with someone so I gotta tough it out anyway....

But if I had...maybe King Kong. Took me a couple days to watch it on dvd and I dont think Ill ever watch it again.

WilliamG

Supporting Actor
Movies I've walked out on:

Battlefield Earth - just plain bad.

Scary Movie - too vulgar for my tastes. Yeah, I know ... it was funny, but for me funny doesn't have to = bad taste.

A Man Apart - waaaaaaay too violent. I don't mind violence, but Vin Diesel's character would just never let up. He was some messed-up dude.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I walked out on The Neverending Story. If I hadn't, that would have been like 22 years sitting in the theater. So far. /joke

Chris Parham

Stunt Coordinator
Four pages and not one mention of Kevin Costner's "The Postman"?.
I didn't see this in the theater. I actually watched it on Laserdisc where I had to get up and flip or exchange the disc a wapping 500 times!!!!!!
In some ways, that movie has not finished playing for me. I'm still tryng to get up and walk out. Dear God make it stop!!!!!

Keith Paynter

Screenwriter
Walked out after 15 minutes watching Bill Murray's dramatic turn in the remake of The River's Edge. I sat through Night Patrol and Angel (with Dick Shawn and Rory Calhoun, the actor who's "always standing and walking"!) because I was in a touring band and we used to go theatres on the Sundays we would arrive in small towns for week-long gigs.

Gekkou

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Casey M.
I've never walked out on a movie in a theatre. I had considered it in T3 but I kept waiting for it to get better and, besides, I was at a drive-in and I wasn't behind the wheel.

Steve Blair

Second Unit
Battlefield Earth
Phantoms (w/ Ben Affleck)
Superman 4
Haunted Honeymoon
Godzilla
Speed 2
Van Helsing
Deep Rising
Double Team
Judge Dread

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
Recently, my wife didn't walk out but she went to sleep watching Miami Vice. Her sisters teased her through the movie and the time she was sleeping.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks