What's new

Walked out? (1 Viewer)

BrettV

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Brett Voss
I tried searching this (for about 5 minutes.)

What movies, if any, have you walked out of? I'm 30, and in all my years, have only walked out of two movies.

Oprahs 'Beloved' and Wolf Creak.

What about you guys?

Matt-Brooks

Agent
Never walked out of a movie, Even if it’s a shocker, I'll stay till the end. At least I can then say "I saw...... & it was crap” Rather then saying "I saw half of.... and it was crap".

Ricardo C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ricardo C
I have never walked out on a movie. Basically, I hate theater audiences so much that I only ever venture out to see films I absolutely can't wait to see. I rarely do the casual "oh that might be interesting" thing, unless friends drag me. So if I'm in a commercial theater, it's because of a film I've been anticipating for months.

However, there's been plenty of rentals I've stopped halfway through with an annoyed "oh, screw this" :D

Carl Johnson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl III
The only movies that I've been tempted to walk out on were Batman + Robin and Godzilla. I sat thru both of them because that I would be in no position to offer a credible opinion about the quality of the movie if I didn't watch it from beginning to end. I started to think like that after reading a review of The Matrix from someone who said that it was so bad that they couldn't stand to watch the second half of the movie. I wasn't annoyed because they disliked the movie, because everybody is entitled to their opinion. I just think that if someone doesn't have the patience to watch the whole movie before deciding that it's terrible then their opinion is of no use to me.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
The only movie I can remember ever walking out on or driving away from before the end in 40+ years was "The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas"

Honestly had I been alone I'd probably stayed to the end. My old college roommate wanted to go see the latest Burt Reynolds movie otherwise I doubt I'd ever gone in the first place. I can't remember if he'd seen the play, but he was so disgusted by the halfway mark he/we threw in the towel. I don't know if I've ever seen the end of the movie though I think I've seen enough 15 minute blocks I do suspect I have.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I have never walked out of a movie either, but have stopped watching rentals. I used to be kind of proud of the former, but then realized my turning off the DVD player is pretty much the same thing. That said, something has to be pretty bad for me to stop watching it. The most recent? The "Crouch End" episode of TNT's "Nightmares and Dreamscapes."

Carl Miller

Screenwriter
Last movie my wife and I walked out on was Sin City, but back when the kids were younger and we used to hire babysitters, we'd walk out on movies fairly often if we didn't like them. Time out of the house was like a treat back then, and we woudn't waste it sitting thru a bad movie.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Movies I walked out on by choice: Howling II: Your Sister Is a Werewolf. I was gone by the time the titles were on. "WTF is this?"

Movies I walked out on because the friend I was with didn't want to stay and was being an ass about it? The Freshmen and Throw Momma From the Train. Same friend both times. I ended up watching both movies at home and enjoyed them.

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
I have only walked out on one film and that was Oscar....oddly enough I have seen it since and thought it was pretty good but at the time I was with a friend who wanted to go drinking and between sitting there hearing him piss & moan or just going for a beer...I chose the beer. ;)

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
I wanted so badly to walk out of "Eye of the Beholder" with Ashley Judd and Ewan McGregor that I couldn't stand it, but I was with a friend and I knew he wouldn't leave. Seriously, if I had a weapon on my person when I was watching that film I might've actually killed myself. Probably the worst movie I've ever seen..........it just pisses me off thinking about it.

Mike.P

Second Unit
Haven't walked out on anything, although I should have on Scary Movie 3, X-Men 3, Bewitched, and maybe a few others - basically everything friends have dragged me to, and if I were to walk out I would be the only one to do so in the group.

Tim Maynard

Stunt Coordinator
The only movie I've come close to walking out of was Speed 2: Cruise Control. I know the movie was crap anyway, but I was feeling really sea-sick by the end.

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
Bewitched and Prime are the only movies I've ever considered walking out on. I would have walked out of Bewitched but I was with people. Thank God they were both second run and I was out about a dollar total.

More recently, Superman Returns has fit the bill but I held on thinking "it must get better." :thumbsdown:

Lucia Duran

Screenwriter
I've walked out on movies.

Dick Tracy

The Cell

Cider House Rules

Scary Movie

Teachers Pet

I've also fallen asleep during plenty of movies. I would have left but I was with groups of people for these.

Madagascar

Over the Hedge

Congo

Assassins

Bones

Abandon (My friend and I were the only ones in the theater for this one and we ended up just chatting amongst ourselves the through most of it. It was so bad).

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
Never walked out of a theatrical showing though God knows I wanted to during Armageddon and Batman & Robin. Yech.

I have quit watching several flicks at home, the only one I can remember offhand is the execrable i am sam.

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou

Yep, we know Steve, Armageddon is definitely not a snoot-friendly film, there should have been clear warnings on posters and dvd covers, and I can well imagine myself walking out of several films you and your ilk adore. ;)

Strangely enough the only film I've ever walked out of is now one of my top 2 or 3 favorite films. I was 8 or 9 at the time and I went to see 2001: A Space Odyssey with my younger brother, about half way through we were bored out of our minds and left the theater. I think my brother fell asleep during it. I watched it a few more times in theaters later on in late 70's early 80's reissues, and appreciated the film a lot more, now it's my favorite science fiction film, aah a happy ending. :)

Mary M S

Screenwriter
Walked out of Pet Detective about 15 min in.
Our Son was young, and one of the opening scenes (as I remember) is a very busty women rolling her breasts around on a windowsill yelling out to the street, (went on a little - too long). Second ‘moment’ came when a grateful pet owner gives Jim Carrey an implied blowjob.

For us, this crossed the line, via the new trend, (which had started around that era) of ‘family’ movies sneaking in humor meant to amuse and entertain the adults.

Ironically, - next summer this son went to a birthday party held by a staff member for a child - in a church basement – where they screened “Pet Detective!!!”

(best-laid plans are circumvented!)

Al.Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Al
Left Space Balls - I was with a group too, so I hung out in the lobby and ate popcorn for 45 minutes.

My wife and I forced ourselves to stay through Batman & Robin and regretted the decision.

Colton

Supporting Actor
Only one movie. Went on a date to see "Night Patrol". We walked out after 30 minutes. Horrible movie.

- Colton

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks