What's new

Waiting on speakers (1 Viewer)

Ron_L

Second Unit
Well,

I bought my Studio 60's 3 weeks ago, and the store still hasn't gotten them in stock. I called last wednesday and the salesman I dealed with said they should be in any day now, but he never called.

I'm going to call today when they open...but has this happened to anyone before? I mean 3 week wait for speakers, it's like they are cutting down the trees to manufacture the damn things in the back of the store....

Andrew Pezzo

Second Unit
I had the same problem when I put in an order for the new Energy Connoisseur C-C3, took about 2 1/2 weeks. What makes it even worse is that I decided not to keep it and the store wont take it back. The perils of HT......

Andrew Pezzo

Second Unit
Tell me about. However when I sell the speaker I dont mind not getting full value since the I got the replacement, Def Tech CLR 2300, for real cheap from a friend. Plus, I consider it a learning experience, audition as many speakers as you can.

PaulT

Supporting Actor
Ron,
I paid for my Servo-15 three and a half weeks ago. Due to the dealer I got mine from being fairly small, they only place an order to Paradigm every 2 to 4 weeks if they need to make one. They were up front with me about this so I knew what to expect when I made the order. Shipping time from Ontario could be 3 to 7 days on top of that depending on how they ship.

Ron_L

Second Unit
Paul,

I think you ordered from the same company i did. They told me 2 weeks the speakers would be in.

Mike Likens

Stunt Coordinator
Andrew: Why did you decide not to keep the C-C3? Is it a poor performer? What mains are you using? Sorry for so many questions i'm thinking about the C-C3 to go with my C-7s.

Andrew Pezzo

Second Unit
I didn't keep it for a couple of reasons, its kind of involved but I'll try to keep it simple.

1) For starters, the wife does not like the look of the Connoisseur speakers, I love them however.

2) The C-C3 is big and wouldn't fit on top of my TV, so I built an addition. When I put the speaker in it the sound changed dramatically for the worse.

3) I "grew up" so to speak on Def Tech speakers that my roommate had. Having speakers with built-in powered subs is a wonderful thing for movies, which is 95% of my HT use. I had the chance to get a Def Tech CLR2500 for $350, couldn't pass it up.

4) My living room is very small and the C-C3 sounded a bit bright because of this. When I tried at my friends with a bigger living room there was no problems.

As you can see, many factors were at work. Regardless, I still think its one of the better channel channels, just not for my applications. I tend to think most Energy speakers excel at music but I mostly watch movies, except for the Take 5.2, IMO best small HT speaker package out there. Too bad I didn't read you post earlier, I could have given you a killer deal on the C-C3 but already sold it.

I just got a pair of Def Tech towers for the fronts, had C-7s. Like I said, my wife hated the look of the C-7s (mine were black ash). With the Def Techs I am able to free up some floor space since I don't need a stand alone sub. If I had a bigger place those C-7's would be rocking 24/7 regardless of the WAF. I don't want to see them go but you gotta do what you gotta do.

PaulT

Supporting Actor
Ron,
I'm in the Okanagan. Was going to get the 15 from Andre's but wound up going to Genier's as they matched the price. I think I will be dealing in Kelowna next time, at least they have the stock.

It's a weird situation here. Andre's Vernon is listed as the Reference dealer but they don't carry them here. Andre's in Kelowna has the gear instead. Best Buy is listed as the dealer in Kelowna and Genier's isn't even listed as a Reference Dealer, although he said he just got it (I had previously purchased Premier stands and 'normal' Paradigm stuff there). To confirm all this I emailed Paradigm last week.

I am currently out of the country so don't mind the wait. Hope your speakers show up soon. You are on the Lower Mainland aren't you??

Ron_L

Second Unit
There's an actual Best Buy in BC? I didn't know that.

I'm in the lower mainland, purchased from AVU.

PaulT

Supporting Actor
It's not the US Best Buy chain (which bought Future Shop). It's a company called Best Buy Electronics, sorry for the confusion.

Let us know how the 60's work out for you. I am going with the 40's to replace some old Klipsch units.

PaulT

Supporting Actor
Ron,
Just spoke with my wife and my sub arrived :D . It took 2 guys to bring it in the house. I know it weighs 90lbs w/o the box, but apparently this thing is huge boxed up.

I'll be home in 3.5 weeks and will let you know how it sounds.....;)

Ron_L

Second Unit
I just bought a Servo15 as well Paul.

I'm waiting to pick it up when my towers arrive.

=)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks