1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Waiting on: Blu-Ray music disks.

Discussion in 'Music' started by Rakie, Jan 6, 2009.

1. Rakie

Rakie Active Member

Anybody else here waiting for music BD to really start showing up ? There's one or two here and there but a lot of music I listen to doesn't have the budget for HD filming and true high quality sound. (I listen mostly to Death Metal and Tech Metal)

Also, I can't find any music BD's really floating around, anybody have a list or site where I could browse some that are currently available ?

2. gene c

gene c Well-Known Member

Gene
    Right now, concert dvd's are your best bet. I just bought Rush's Snakes and Arrows BluRay and it sounds fantastic!

3. Marc Colella

Marc Colella Well-Known Member

I'd like to see more Blu-Ray music-only discs, but I'd be happy enough with more Blu-Ray concerts. Like SACD, Blu-Ray music-only discs will be a very niche market - so I'm not expecting much of a push.

Pioneer announced yesterday in the press for CES that it will be demonstrating Blu-Ray as a new hi-rez format for audio. Again, I don't think a lot will come of it.

I think they next step for audio and video will be moving away from these silver discs and moving towards flash-based/solid-state media. Hi-Rez audio will probably still remain niche regardless of the format.

4. Greg_R

Greg_R Well-Known Member

Greg