What's new

Waiters and waitresses unite!!! Share your stories... (1 Viewer)

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
I figure that a lot of us work so we can get that little extra dough to spend on music cd's, DVD's, and whatnot. I just wanted to start this thread to hear some of the zanier stories in the food distribution engineering sector
biggrin.gif
I'll eventually think of one for myself.
------------------
"I don't know, Marge. Trying is the first step towards failure." - Homer J. Simpson
"Stranger things have happened..." - Wes Deskins
"It's not Pikeville, Kentucky. It's Pikevool!!! And it's not Louisville, it's Loolvool!!! Get it right, damnit!!!"
My DVD Collection

Michelle Schmid

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Michelle Holloway
The best question I've ever had a customer ask me, is:
"Do you have real chocolate milk or (snidely) do you guys make it?"
Of course, I could only reply:
"Well, if you mean does it come to us pre-mixed or do we add chocolate syrup to the milk, we add chocolate syrup. But of course, you do know that even if it comes pre-mixed, someone else still had to make it since there are no such things as chocolate cows!"
laugh.gif

Kirk Gunn

Screenwriter
I was a waiter many moons ago... I remember going to a table with hot coffee on the tray and tripping. It went all over a woman's back !!!
This was pre-McDonalds-coffee-litigation, but I thought for sure the restaraunt and I would be sued after she recovered...
Fortunately she was wearing a sweater with a heavy shirt, and she wasn't hurt. It ended up being the mother of a waitress at the restaurant. Figures, I was desparately trying to always impress this particular waitress and get a date. It never did work out...... Although she did say I was a "nice guy". The story of my life !

tyler O

Stunt Coordinator
A few years ago when I was a server I was waiting on this couple, obvious first date. I was patiently waiting for the "gentleman" to get off his cellular phone so that I could get their order. He's sitting there yakking away, impressing his lady friend and the phone starts to ring. I had to excuse myself and run off.
laugh.gif

------------------
Share and Enjoy - The marketing division of the Sirius Cybernetics Corporation.
The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite.
My DVDs

Scott Strang

Screenwriter
He's sitting there yakking away, impressing his lady friend and the phone starts to ring.
Ha ha what a fool. I bet that was their last date together and rightfully so; he was a cellular phony.
wink.gif

The obvious way out of this sticky situation is to act as if he was having a call waiting feature work. She probably never would have known the difference.
How did you keep from laughing at that guy?
------------------
"What did Mr Spock see when he looked in the toilet? The Captain's Log."
Stolen from a BBS in 1985

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks