What's new

wait or not..it is killing me (1 Viewer)

dan scorpio

Stunt Coordinator
I want to buy the panasonic l300 or the L 500..but if I wait 1-2 years will there be a huge noticable difference in picture quality and price? I don't want to buy now and then in 1-2 years be disappointed by the advancement?
what would you do...( iam brand new at this front projection thing)
what would be a good screen to buy for this unit...
I have a basement room that is converted to a home theater room... it is 8 feet tall(actually with the drop ceiling it is 7'8' tall and 15'Lx11'w I will be sitting 11 feet away
I have total control of the lighting all on dimmers....

David Parrish

Stunt Coordinator
You could be dead in two years. Buy the FP;)

Or, better yet, that's 2 years of your life you did without cause you were holding out...

2 years from now there will be something better just around the corner. It'll never end (the waiting).

That's also two years you could spend tweaking as an enthusiastic hobbyist.

Hope that's what you wanted to hear:D

Michael TLV

THX Video Instructor/Calibrator
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Chen
Greetings

Yes, there is always something better around the corner. You can play the proscrastination game until doomsday like those people trying to decide if they should buy a P75 computer ... cuz something better might be around the corner.

Well they are still waiting ...

Buy it now and start enjoying it now. Something better comes along in a couple years ... upgrade ...

Regards

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
You might want to get your feet wet with something less than $1K now if the thought of tomorrow's projectors would upset you. If so, make your own screen for a few dollars. If I were planning on buying a projector 2 years from now, I would settle for nothing less than 3 chip DLP @ 1920x1080 (full high def resolution).

Todd Terwilliger

Screenwriter
Hey Dan,

I was thinking the exact same thing which was a major reason why I went for the the X1. While it doesn't have the resolution of the two projectors you mentioned, it's been everything I could ask for and it will easily tide me over until the true HD projectors enter a feasible price point for me.

dan scorpio

Stunt Coordinator
where would you buy the material to build your own screen?
I need one that i can hang and then remove it after the movie is over...
the reason is because i have a wall unit with a 53" tv now and I will have to put the screen in front of the wall unit when watching dvd's....

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks