What's new

Wait for the Sony KP-51WS510? (1 Viewer)

TimTurtino

Stunt Coordinator
Okay. I'd just about decided to get the Sony KP-51WS500*

So anyway, I had my decision made, and then Sony announced their new lines. The 51WS510 comes out in July.

The only significant difference I can see on the WS510 is the addition of a manual convergence option (from hometheaterspot's Sony board). The (more WVish) front panel doesn't matter to me.

Does anyone know of any other signficant changes that are worth waiting three more months to be able to watch LOTR on my own big screen?

I'm looking for things that are not in Sony's press announcements, or pointers to message boards that have more info.

Thanks in advance for any help,

Me

*couldn't convince the SO to go the 57", so the WV lines were not an option, brands other than Sony, Hitachi, JVC, and Panasonic are not options, need large amounts of tweakability, inputs, and good channel surfing, and the Sony gives me these things. Please don't post to say "Consider this TV" unless it has all of the above for under $1500. Not $2000. Not $1700. Less than $1500. I've already stretched my budget far beyond the breaking point. Yeah, I know about the WS550 (integrated HDTV tuner and FIREWIRE!), but I doubt I'll be able to afford it and even if I can make it three months, there's no way in heck I can wait until september...

Gilbert ^P

Stunt Coordinator
well i would do some more info searching to see if they're are any real changes to it. Also these set should be flicker free as some of the WS500 series had them.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.